Rank 2017's Superhero Movies

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
m4st4 wrote:
Nomis wrote:Only noteworthy CBMs of the last year were Logan and Wonder Woman. The rest was trash.
Lmao go away. There was only one sh trash this year and if you honestly think the other two are in the same bag you don’t know how to properly rank movies based on their individual qualities.
Lmao

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2
Logan
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Thor: Ragnarok
Wonder Woman
Justice League

Logan and Wonder Woman are good films. I thought Logan was better though, I think the best thing about it was that it actually told Logan's last story (ok, Jackman/Logan but you get the idea). Last CBM that actually had a proper/fantastic ending was TDKR.

Nice dodge. Everybody knows those are 'good films'. Says little about which one is better and why exactly.

But hey, there's 'good' and there's 'trash' right, that's how we should classify movies from now on.
Good: Logan, Wonder Woman
Trash: Justice League, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Guardians: Vol.2, Thor Ragnarok

It continues to baffle me why you always get so fed up about these things.

Logan/Wonder Woman are memorable films. The other CBMs don't really have that quality. Those are often just a dime in a dozen, nothing impressive or lasting when it comes to filmmaking.

Nomis wrote:It continues to baffle me why you always get so fed up about these things.

Logan/Wonder Woman are memorable films. The other CBMs don't really have that quality. Those are often just a dime in a dozen, nothing impressive or lasting when it comes to filmmaking.
After he said:
Nomis wrote:Only noteworthy CBMs of the last year were Logan and Wonder Woman. The rest was trash.
Baffling indeed. So, how would you rank the trash this year, from 1-4, starting from the least trashy to utter trash?

So I can't say that but you can say this:
m4st4 wrote:Lmao go away. There was only one sh trash this year and if you honestly think the other two are in the same bag you don’t know how to properly rank movies based on their individual qualities.
I have the feeling that no matter how I rank them, you'd still try to pick it apart by dividing them in any which way you please.

Anyway, calling multiple films trash doesn't mean they're all equal trash. I'd say Alice in Wonderland 2 is trash but at least it's pretty to look at right? Same goes for Valerian. The Only Living Boy had some nice performances but it's so incredibly dull and empty I would also consider to put it in the trash bag, except it's not pretty trash, it's immensely forgettable. See what I mean?

I'm obviously simplifying and generalizing, but it's ironic how WW is the best movie of DCEU, yet it's the closest thing to a Marvel movie they've done so far.

It's not groundbreaking, it doesn't necessarily reinvent the genre, but it's something we needed, something that's been long overdue and if you think it's being praised ONLY for its feminism, you're a sad human being and you deserve a ban.
It also has a great cast, and they all just click. Gal may not be an Oscar "material", but she does great in this role and the chemistry between all of the actors is undeniable. An aspect like this, I felt, was very important for a WW movie and it just works super well here.

But if you think GOTG2 and Ragnarok are trash, you either need to google the definition of "not my cup of tea" and let it go once and for all, or check your eyesight

I think Wonder Woman is closest to Raimi's first two Spider-Man films when it comes to comparing with Marvel.

I won’t touch your list, just rank them according to your personal scale.