Rank 2017's Superhero Movies

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Nomis wrote:I think Wonder Woman is closest to Raimi's first two Spider-Man films when it comes to comparing with Marvel.
More like CA: The First Avenger

When it comes to the setting and modern day scene, I guess. In spirit it's much closer to Raimi's films. It also fits much better amongst the early/mid 2000s cbms than later.

Exclusive from the future, Nomis’ list of best sh movies for 2018:
1) Aquaman
2) New Mutants
3) Dark Phoenix
4) Deadpool 2
5) Ant-Man and The Wasp
6) Black Panther
7) Infinity War

...what?

Nomis wrote:It continues to baffle me why you always get so fed up about these things.

Logan/Wonder Woman are memorable films. The other CBMs don't really have that quality. Those are often just a dime in a dozen, nothing impressive or lasting when it comes to filmmaking.
I'm not defending the other movies, but I'm genuinely curious what about Wonder Woman that according to you makes it more memorable than them. Where are the risks? Where is the innovation?

Sanchez wrote:
Nomis wrote:It continues to baffle me why you always get so fed up about these things.

Logan/Wonder Woman are memorable films. The other CBMs don't really have that quality. Those are often just a dime in a dozen, nothing impressive or lasting when it comes to filmmaking.
I'm not defending the other movies, but I'm genuinely curious what about Wonder Woman that according to you makes it more memorable than them. Where are the risks? Where is the innovation?
DC logo appears before the film.£

Well, after Suicide Squad and BvS that kind of was a risk I guess :D

Spoilers for GotG: Vol.2 which is almost a year old movie by now:
Starlord finds out that his role model, his father (played by standard par excellence Kurt Russell), is not only an intergalactic swine of a man, a womanizer who impregnates women to spread his ‘ego’ across the galaxy, but also that bastard who killed his own mother by putting cancer in her brain.
I challenge anyone here to find me something even remotely as brave in Wonder Woman.

WW has third act and dialogue problems with bad CG and just a lot of punching. It is not a bad film but definitely not as groundbreaking as people are making it out to be. I'm glad it exists but there are many better supethero films out there.

Despite my aversion to the MCU I find myself drawn to the GOTG movies and the second one was no exception.

Logan is finally a more mature superhero film, one of the very few, if not the only one, we got after TDK and TDKR. It is the best superhero movie of the year and has the power to stand the test of time because it does not really do any visibly annoying nods to any of the comicbook lore. It's just a good story with characters we care about.

C'mon Nomis lol

1. Logan
2. Thor: Ragnarok
3. The LEGO Batman Movie
4. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
5. Wonder Woman
6. Power Rangers

Haven't seen Spider-Man or Justice League.