War Horse (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
allstarr55js wrote:Benedict Cumberbatch is awesome he plays a better Sherlock Holmes then Robert Downey.

hmmm. I doubt that, but I can't really make the call since I haven't seen much of Benedict's take on it. Hard for me to imagine that though, since Downey is more a physical actor

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
allstarr55js wrote:Benedict Cumberbatch is awesome he plays a better Sherlock Holmes then Robert Downey.
Dumbest thing I've ever heard. :facepalm:
I guarantee you never have seen the show, just like you did not see The Take when you said Hardy being better then DeNiro was the dumbest thing you ever heard.

I never said it was the dumbest thing i have ever read. Btw i have seen The Take quite simple just to get it off netflix.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:I never said it was the dumbest thing i have ever read. Btw i have seen The Take quite simple just to get it off netflix.
You said WTF and it was a huge insult to DeNiro. If you actually saw it you would not say that.

allstarr55js wrote:
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:I never said it was the dumbest thing i have ever read. Btw i have seen The Take quite simple just to get it off netflix.
You said WTF and it was a huge insult to DeNiro. If you actually saw it you would not say that.
Nah i just don't think it compares.

Sure.

from Cinema Con
They screened a featurette which showed a bunch of behind the scenes footage, which was essentially in the structure of a trailer, taking us through the plot of the film. I really didn’t know much about this story, so I was surprised at the expansive scope it takes. I will admit, when it was announced, I wasn’t as excited about this project as I was about the filmmaker’s other prospective titles. (It’s Spielberg, so I’m going to see it no matter what.) But after seeing the footage I see why he was attracted to the story and it has more mainstream appeal than I first thought.

I've considered myself somewhat of a huge Spielberg fan over the years, so I'm ridiculously excited for this + Tintin, mostly the latter.

I think they are both good Sherlocks. It's just that the show is better than the movie.