Biggest Pet Peeves in Movies

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
An over-the-shoulder pov shot where dialogue is being spoken but you can clearly see the actor's mouth is not moving.

LelekPL wrote:
Nomis wrote:
LelekPL wrote: I didn't see Wonder Woman but that was exactly my point. They actually went out of their way to make that picture be real in BvS and from what you're saying, they recreated it in Wonder Woman.
Your point being? Isn't this better than using a still from the production, which is for another scene, a scene that you see in the movie? Like that one of Rachel...
That's exactly what I've been saying all this time. It is better. WTF are you on about?
Ah I get what you mean.

Somewhat similar to the Rachel photo issue is when security or camera footage is being shown in a film, and it's clearly footage from either the film itself or a previous installment, shot for shot.

A big example that comes to mind is Star Trek III: The Search for Spock. During the first act, Kirk and some Vulcan guy are supposedly looking over security camera footage from the Enterprise during the events of Wrath of Khan. Except what they're looking at is the exact shots from the film, as if Wrath of Khan was some found footage flick.

Not only does it make me question how they got this footage, but also how they're often blocked so well and move so smoothly (do security cams in the future come with a Cinematographer AI?). Plus it just takes me out of the experience.

The super well-edited leaked phone video from Logan is also guilty of it.

Oku
I remember reading a comment that explained it.

LelekPL wrote:
Law wrote:Bad dubbing
Is there good dubbing, though?
IMAX scenes in Nolan films

8 1/2

LelekPL wrote:
Is there good dubbing, though? I guess in anmation it doesn't make much difference (although I still prefer the original) but in live action it's just horrendous.
The thing about good dubbing is that, well, you can't distinguish from on-location voice. It's kinda like good VFX, but more difficult to see, because unlike good VFX, which can be realistic but still present something that's obviously imposible to film on-camera, good dubbing is just people saying stuff.

So nitpicky lol.

didich wrote:
LelekPL wrote:
Is there good dubbing, though? I guess in anmation it doesn't make much difference (although I still prefer the original) but in live action it's just horrendous.
The thing about good dubbing is that, well, you can't distinguish from on-location voice. It's kinda like good VFX, but more difficult to see, because unlike good VFX, which can be realistic but still present something that's obviously imposible to film on-camera, good dubbing is just people saying stuff.
I agree. By dubbing I meant "revoicing", changing the language of the film rather than ADR.

LelekPL wrote:The super well-edited leaked phone video from Logan is also guilty of it.
That was a bit better because the phone video functioned as actual found footage rather than previously shown footage, but it was a bit jarring.