Watchmen (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Fresh off of critical favorite The Leftovers, Damon Lindelof is in talks for a potential Watchmen TV series for HBO. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that the project is in the early development stages. An official deal is not yet in place. Representatives for HBO and producers Warner Bros. Television declined comment.

Lindelof originally read the comics as a kid in the 1980s and has said that the series continues to influence his work. "From the flashbacks to the nonlinear storytelling to the deeply flawed heroes, these are all elements that I try to put into everything I write," he told CBR in 2009 ahead of the feature film take. He's read Watchmen multiple times and, at the time, praised director Zack Snyder's film. "It's the most married-to-the-original-text version of Watchmen that could've been made," he told the Observer. "I want to keep it sort of insular," he said, referring to the multiple translations that have come from trying to translate the source material. "It's OK with me if people don't understand it because they don't deserve to understand it."
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... bo-1014987
Last edited by nolannolanchrischris on October 22nd, 2020, 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ha! I think it's... Awesome?

It definitely has potential. Lindelof has had missteps in the past but he's not a bad pick for this.

In af.

As long as it is kept as a mini-series, I'm cool with this. Not sure how they're going to top the opening credits from the 2009 version.

This could either be really good or really bad. But no matter the quality, Alan Moore is sitting somewhere pissed that his work is being adapted again.

That's all Alan Moore has been doing for the past 15 years, as well as grow out his wizard beard.

When has Alan Moore ever been happy though? I think the only time he's been happy with an adaptation is the Man Who Has Everything animated episode in JLU.

idk :blank: :think: :problem:

Looked it up: Apparently the only things he likes are that episode and this parody of Watchmen:

Everything else adapted from his work he's vocally despised, in particular Watchmen and V for Vendetta