Watchmen (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Interesting. I don't know much about Trump's father but I'd imagine living in those times that he had some ties to racist organizations. It's not surprising at all.

That was one fantastic episode! Left me speechles the way it was shot :clap:

Finished bingeing the six episodes available.
I really loved the revelation that Angela's grandfather is Hooded Justice, and I'm really looking forward to how the stories of Veidt, Wade, Trieu and Dr Manhattan are tied together. I never read any theories, but right now I have a feeling that the tower Trieu is building is some sort of a device that can either "summon" Dr Manhattan or take Trieu to Mars or something... I have a feeling that Trieu wants to have her revenge against Dr Manhattan for destroying Vietnam :D That's my guess at the moment, and I really hope Dr Manhattan will turn up in this season, I'm looking forward to that moment.

Otherwise I love the mythology, the universe this series is building up, I think they are treating the source material with exceptional care and thought. Pretty much everything adds up, nothing seems gratuitous or contrived - each and every element of this weird world works.

I felt that the invention of "memory pills" were the least organic to this series - although they might come from the original comics, so if that's case, my bad. But it really just felt like the screenwriters needed a way to show Will's backstory AND have Angela discovering it at the same time. They could have had a simple "Will finally tells his story to Angela and we see it unfold" episode, but I guess they wanted to try their hands at something esle. The memory pill thing was the only thing that felt a bit forced to me, but otherwise it was a great episode with very interesting revelations, so I can accept the whole premise.

Fuck me sideways I did not expect that. This show will not top taking crazy swings.

-Vader

OH MY GOD

What was with the elephant?

radewart wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 2:08 am
it was the elephant in the room

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 2:11 am
radewart wrote:

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
December 1st, 2019, 11:40 pm
Fuck me sideways I did not expect that. This show will not top taking crazy swings.

-Vader
what was it that you didn’t expect? the little reveal at the end or

because
cal being dr manhattan has been a meme for weeks which is why i’m like genuinely not okay with this idea and like no

i need a drink
edit:
also the next episode is titled
“a god walks into a bar” get it? abar.

y’all i’m fucking done with both reddit and this show

Vader182 wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 2:11 am
radewart wrote:
-Vader
lol yes
yeeeeeesssszzzz
nothing more to add, it was brilliant

i mean really though this is great, and the most shocking thing isnt who Cal was but that not only Angela knew but it was the actual mindblowing (literally) conspiracy of the show