Watchmen (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Why is this show so good

Why do I like it so much

I’m actually curious if all of those cry babies still think the show is a libtard sjw propaganda or if everything will come to a full circle and they’ll start defending the show for something they now agree with :lol:

This is so weird and fascinating.

I really need to see the whole thing before giving it some rating as this is such a giant puzzle that it's hard to really call it great (for me anyway)

THE SCORE IS LIVE I REPEAT THE SCORE IS LI-

-Vader

more people need to watch this show and then talk about this show on here

Last night's episode completely dismantled everywhere I thought this show was going and i could not be more curious and excited.

the way it embodies the spirit of the GN folding in on itself while expanding the scale with each subsequent chapter is reverent in the best way possible, that is, carving its own way but in the spirit of the source.

also, name another..anything..that's meant to be this "badass" and "genre" and mostly revolve around 3 women in their 40s or older being sassy at one another. good stuff.

-Vader

Lindelof understands Laurie the way Snyder never could. Not just that, he has also upgraded her to a much more charming character.

Good episode and Regina King and Jean Smart are great in their scenes together.

Though, I hope we do start to get some answers to what's going on. This episode served up a lot more questions instead of providing any kind clarity on any of the other established plot points (something that irks me about current peak TV).
Lady Trieu being from Vietnam and Angela also, has to tie into Dr. Manhattan and his part in the Vietnam War.

radewart wrote:
November 11th, 2019, 8:34 pm

Though, I hope we do start to get some answers to what's going on. This episode served up a lot more questions instead of providing any kind clarity on any of the other established plot points (something that irks me about current peak TV).
Lady Trieu being from Vietnam and Angela also, has to tie into Dr. Manhattan and his part in the Vietnam War.
i see this comment made a lot and i am sincerely wondering, what about watchmen specifically strengthens your desire for early resolution compared to other mystery shows?

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
November 11th, 2019, 8:57 pm
radewart wrote:
November 11th, 2019, 8:34 pm

i see this comment made a lot and i am sincerely wondering, what about watchmen specifically strengthens your desire for early resolution compared to other mystery shows?

-Vader
It's just not Watchmen but other shows like Lost and Westworld, etc. All shows I like, but they pile a lot on you in earlier episodes and instead of working through those plot point some in the mid-season episodes, they throw a bunch more stuff at you. It's a common style in today's mystery-like shows.

I don't expect complete clarification on everything introduced in the first episode or two, but a new bit of info about an earlier plot point here or there.

Look at this episode of Watchmen,
the only thing we learned that clarifies stuff from earlier episodes is that Louis Gossett's Will character was "taken" in Angela's car by Lady Trieu.
We learn nothing else about Don Johnson's death or way he had a klan outfit and does he have ties to the Kalvary. Nothing else was progressed in Jeremy Irons' storyline much either, except where he gets the clones from.
We learn nothing substantial about those other storylines and then get a bunch more stuff "thrown" at us. Who is Lady Trieu? What is the big tower she is building? Why is she helping Will? What was the thing that crashed on the farm she bought in the beginning of the episode? Who was the silver guy that slide into the sewer?

Again I don't expect/want everything from earlier to be solved at this point, just little more developments/progress. Really just a "slight" nitpick I have of shows of this type. But I am enjoying it and want to see what happens next, which means, I guess, the style of show is doing "it's job" of keeping me coming back.

If we're talking Westworld vs. Watchmen (say up to S1E4), I was definitely more lost from Westworld over Watchmen.

(if there was ever a show that to naively call a masterpiece, it's this one for me)