Watchmen (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Master Virgo wrote:
October 21st, 2019, 5:27 pm
What an amazing year for HBO, if you can forget that they fucked up GoT earlier this year.
Lol.

Yes, this was a strong first episode. I'd admit I've not read the graphic novel and only seen the Snyder movie (which I thought was solid at the time). Not completely blown away, but certainly intrigued to keep watching. I've read articles online explaining what's up with the squids and Dr. Manhattan

Also, yea HBO has been awesome this year. True Detective, Barry, Succession, Chernobyl, Righteous Gemstones, The Deuce, Veep, always solid Last Week Tonight, and I'm gonna include GOT and Big Little Lies as good, too. (though I'll admit both could of been better).

It's blowing all streaming services out of the water with it's quality.

One last thing about Watchmen that I found amazing and also really depressing, the race riot that begins the episode in 1921 Tulsa is fucking real and it's the first time in my life I'm ever hearing about it!!
I've taken numerous American history classes in both high school and college and never once learned about it. Just shows what a bunch of sanitized crap the American education system is...

yeah this was phenooomenal, such brutal demonstration of control and vision, both so different yet true to Watchmen

damn

prince0gotham wrote:
October 21st, 2019, 6:29 pm
yeah this was phenooomenal, such brutal demonstration of control and vision, both so different yet true to Watchmen

damn
This.

Regina King is a goddess.

And that moment you realize who the real Rorschach of the new series is. Shivers. What a badass scene.

Reznor - Ross can babysit my babies, all of them.

Batfan175 wrote:
October 21st, 2019, 6:05 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
What an amazing year for HBO, if you can forget that they fucked up GoT earlier this year.
Lol.
This Is the consensus that you’re just going to have to live with. :lol:

I thought this was a great debut, one of the better ones I've seen recently. I'm amazed by the production value for a first episode and judging by that extended trailer for the rest of the season, the entire thing will look like fourth season GoT, for real.

I really like the hook and they pull you in with the world building so easily. King is great, as she always is and the costume department and production design is on point. I didn't expect
that scene with the Nite Owl ship to happen in this episode at all lol but it was awesome
I feel like they got a very contained story for this season. I already hope we're getting more of it. But I guess it could be a Westworld type of situation, one season every two years instead of each year.

How fitting that the bad guys of the series are review-bombing it irl. Thank god for creators like Lindelof saying it how it is.

There's something cathartic about seeing Night taking care of the trash first hand. You want a lawyer? No lawyers for homeland terrorists, bitch.

Allstar wrote:
October 22nd, 2019, 4:22 am
Batfan175 wrote:
October 21st, 2019, 6:05 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
Lol.
This Is the consensus that you’re just going to have to live with. :lol:
Lol, the same consensus that booed the Sopranos finale all those years ago? Sure, they get to have their opinions, they just happen to be wrong.