Watchmen (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Interesting theory, I guess LOL

Now that's god size lol

^yea i literally mentioned that in my last post

great minds think alike huh?

Nomis wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 12:08 pm
great minds think alike huh?
i mean the excalibur thing lol

oh

I liked everything more after a rewatch, which is so weird for me to say, because it implies I didn’t like it the first time, which is not the case. I’m just not sure how to feel lol. Like, I love the execution, and I love it looking from a more metatextual perspective, I’m just not sure how it sits with me within my most basic feels...lol? But I think a lot of this depends on the next episode, which WILL answer most, if not all, of the petty questions I have. Because I’m obviously very emotionally invested in this show lmao
*does angela meet/fall in love with the og jon osterman or him already in “cal” form? which leads to
*if NOT, so jon, using cal as a vessel, meaning he doesn’t look like the form angela fell in love with, also with what i assume is an inhibitor chip in his head, doesn’t have much of a conscious recollection of his identity, and only acts like dr on a subconscious level at best - so basically he spends x number of years NOT being the dr manhattan angela loves - how is she capable of loving him if by all means he’s not that much “him” anymore? i mean, cal is absolutely hot, but it’s like loving the coffin you locked the person inside
*also if he modelled himself after some black dude, i wonder who he was? a passerby in saigon?

i still wonder if we’ll see jon in the show, or if he’ll continue looking like cal, just blue. like i would have been super curious to see who they would have cast as him. it would make sense for him to “return” since the key players know his identity anyway, but it also makes sense for him to look like... whatever he wants to look like?

also, it took me a rewatch to realize the every time you go away version was the og by hall & oates and i love this so much. that scene is so great.

good post. I think it's fair to say a lot is riding on how the last two episodes play out how the rest coheres together. the GN took its biggest swings in the end, and I'm sure this will be similar. press have already seen episode 8 and already implied they love it.

Lindelof mentioned he's sure people will be nervous he can't wrap it up in two episodes, but to trust him. The confidence is exciting.

-Vader

I guess the people watching the watchmen were tv audiences all along.

I agree that most of what we've seen so far will be judged by how they all wrap it up. I actually really enjoyed the whole mythology of the TV series, the world they established is very exciting. I felt kind of left behind in Episode 7, but I'm really looking forward to how they end it.