Ad Astra (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
An Army Corps engineer searches across the galaxy for his father, who disappeared on a mission to find alien life 20 years ago
“Yes, yes, and yes. I’m terrified by it. The science-fiction genre is so tricky because there are elements of fantasy usually involved, and there are also fantastical elements. What I’m trying to do is the most realistic depiction of space travel that’s been put in a movie and to basically say, ‘Space is awfully hostile to us.’ It’s kind of a Heart of Darkness story about traveling to the outer edge of our solar system. I have a lot of hopes for it but it is certainly ambitious… It starts shooting July 17th, so not too far away. I’m filled with terror, but that’s fine (laughs).”
http://collider.com/james-gray-brad-pit ... a-filming/

and Hoyte Van Hoytema is shooting it. :shock: lmao, looks like Gray is attempting to own Nolan. Also is this a betrayal by Hoyte? :think:

Is this a Cloverfield film or a Venom prequel?

Tommy Lee Jones joins the cast.
http://deadline.com/2017/06/tommy-lee-j ... 202119181/
Tommy Lee Jones is in final talks to star with Brad Pitt in Ad Astra, the working title of the futuristic sci-fi epic that James Gray co-wrote and will direct for New Regency. Production begins in September. Details are being kept close to the vest, but here’s what I’ve heard: In Ad Astra (which means “to the stars” in Latin), Pitt would play the slightly autistic space engineer Roy McBride. Twenty years after his father left on a one-way mission to Neptune in order to find signs of extra-terrestrial intelligence, McBride travels through the solar system to find him and understand why his mission failed. [...] I’ve heard Jones will play the father, and that the film has a bit of Heart Of Darkness vibe, set in deep space.

James Gray? In

Z is the best film I've seen this year so I cannot fucking wait for this.

^hell yes

7212017 wrote:Is this a Cloverfield film or a Venom prequel?
Lol

Filming starts in two weeks, van Hoytema is the DoP.