Ad Astra (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Finally some little updates from James Gray : https://variety.com/2018/film/global/ja ... 203079806/
Gray said he was in the middle of the editing process on “Ad Astra,” a science-fiction film with Brad Pitt, with more than 600 shots to review. “We’re far from finished,” said Gray.

The director pointed out the film was initially scheduled for a release in January and is now set for a May 21 bow.

“I’ve been very insistent because I didn’t want to be up against a release date,” said Gray, who added that he was aware of the fact that “science fiction films (often) have a number of shots that don’t look very good.” He said Pitt was great in the film and “has put a lot of personal commitment” into the movie.
Gray doesn't want to rush it, that's a very good sign, can't wait to hear more !

And Max Richter is scoring the movie (not Thomas Newman as it was apparently and previously said), he's a great composer so good news : http://filmmusicreporter.com/2018/12/06 ... -ad-astra/

does anybody here even really like james gray?

i can't remember a single one of you putting Immigrant or Lost City of Z in your top tens previous years lol

-Vader

Lost City of Z is awesome.

Vader182 wrote:
December 6th, 2018, 6:55 pm

i can't remember a single one of you putting Immigrant or Lost City of Z in your top tens previous years lol

-Vader
I love his work very much, and The Lost City Of Z was one of my best cinematic experience of the last year and was in my top. The Immigrant is great too.

Vader182 wrote:
December 6th, 2018, 6:55 pm

-Vader
He’s not very liked here. I feel like you don’t really like him either?

Cool to hear Max Richter is doing the score. :D

Ivan wrote:
December 6th, 2018, 7:01 pm
Lost City of Z is awesome.

Actually I remembered noticing Z being mentioned quite often in here, so I did a quick check now and plenty here are indeed fans. xWhereAmI?, Nomis, MyCocain, Mindheist, antovolk, elemunt as well as Ruth, who sort of liked it, and a couple of more members.£

Master Virgo wrote:
December 6th, 2018, 7:43 pm
Actually I remembered noticing Z being mentioned quite often in here, so I did a quick check now and plenty here are indeed fans. xWhereAmI?, Nomis, MyCocain, Mindheist, antovolk, elemunt as well as Ruth, who sort of liked it, and a couple of more members.£
I'm mistaken then, but obviously in general we're pretty soft on the guy.
Allstar wrote:
December 6th, 2018, 7:17 pm
He’s not very liked here. I feel like you don’t really like him either?

is gray really liked anywhere? a lot of industry people think there's an emperor's new clothes situation around him, except there's a decent sized group who think he's a genius

i like Z quite a lot btw, but the idea that its brilliant strikes me as strange. each their own.

-Vader