Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

http://screenrant.com/wonder-woman-2-mo ... hris-pine/
The current timeline of the DCEU made fans question whether the Wonder Woman sequel would be tied to the fallout from Justice League (as is the case with Jason Momoa’s Aquaman solo film), or tell another period story set between Diana’s origin and her Batman V Superman debut. Thanks to some new information, it seems that question can be answered, along with the villains Wonder Woman 2 will introduce decades before Steppenwolf ever challenged the Justice League.

According to production details Screen Rant has learned, the story of Wonder Woman 2 will be another historical adventure prior to the modern day DCEU. Set during the 1980s, the film will send Diana against the forces of Soviet Union in the closing days of the Cold War. The production team is expected to remain on board for the sequel, with confirmation that Geoff Johns is developing Wonder Woman 2‘s script with Jenkins (who is still in negotiations, with all evidence and word of mouth pointing to her return once the contracts are signed).

As fans use their imagination to picture the sequel – swapping out the battlefields of World War I for the espionage and maneuverings of Moscow – the last detail may be the biggest relief. The report also confirms that Chris Pine will be returning, once again acting as Diana’s ally Steve Trevor. Exactly how that’s possible given the conclusion of his story in Wonder Woman… may be the real question moving forward.

Let's hope they
don't bring Pine back. I can't think of any other reason other than "Patty enjoyed working with Chris! So we're going to figure out a way to bring him in as a lookalike or relative!".

shauner111 wrote:Let's hope they
don't bring Pine back. I can't think of any other reason other than "Patty enjoyed working with Chris! So we're going to figure out a way to bring him in as a lookalike or relative!".
They're gonna have to find a good actor then.

Valentine's Day 2020 must be Batgirl then. Where is The Batman I wonder? Hopefully summer 2019, just in time for 80th anniversary.

WONDER WOMAN
$3.5M weekend
(-23%)
$395.4M total
#WonderWoman

Civil War made 408 million domestically btw. One solo DC origin story that doesn't even include Batman or Superman can reach as high as a Marvel ensemble with Iron Man, Captain, Spidey and the rest of them after years of successful outings one after the other.

Just shows you how massively the other DCEU films have underperformed so far.£

I think there are too many other aspects that come in to play, so you can't really make that assumption.

Since we've just had a massively successful Batman trilogy and Superman Returns wasn't a hit to say the least. Wonder Woman had made her first appearance last year so her solo film isn't entirely new, so to speak.