Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Wonder Woman: Stranger Things

I'm one of those who thought the first Wonder Woman was incredibly overrated. But I'm all in for this, great trailer.

Sanchez wrote:
December 8th, 2019, 8:31 pm
I'm one of those who thought the first Wonder Woman was incredibly overrated. But I'm all in for this, great trailer.
I second your sentiments.

Sanchez wrote:
I too think the first one is praised too much, but this new WW84 trailer looks fantastic! The hype is on!

We all know they wont, but I would have left it just with this one trailer, no more footage until it hits theaters, no real look at Cheetah or Pascals character. We have enough to look forward to already.

Really loving this trailer! I really liked the first one, even though it wasn't super great or anything imo, and I hope this is going to be better.

Also, the way Steve dresses (that fanny pack and all) cracks me up.

Sanchez wrote:
Pretty much. Great trailer.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
December 8th, 2019, 6:12 pm
I’m very conflicted... I like the visuals and aesthetic. The cinematography is gorgeous. I’m excited and invested in the characters but I didn’t like the way the trailer was cut and the music is kinda horrendous.

Maybe I’ll like it better the more I watch. Anyway, I’ll be there day one for this.
How can one not enjoy New Order/Blue Monday? :P

I love that they've done many things practical. And I hope they used quite a lot of IMAX

Nomis wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 11:31 am
How can one not enjoy New Order/Blue Monday? :P

I love that they've done many things practical. And I hope they used quite a lot of IMAX

Didn’t like the combo, I guess. Also, I hate slowed down 24fps with all my existence.

Seeing this in IMAX will definitely be a treat. But it’s ironic to me that 3 films partially filmed with IMAX cameras are out next year, meanwhile studios seem shy about releasing 70mm prints compared to previous years.

slowed down 24fps?

Yeah, somehow I think only Tenet will get a wide 70mm release lol, I wonder how many 15/70mm IMAX theaters there are left after Dunkirk opened...

Fingers crossed Amsterdam will screen Tenet in 70mm

Now that some of the IMAX theaters (1.90 aspect ratio) have laser I'll definitely see NTTD and this in IMAX

edit:

First cut was 2h45min. Film is technically done now

Jenkins talks the 80s being the setting and lots of practical stunt work

Story for the next sequel is already mapped out, the wait between Wonder Woman 1984 and Wonder Woman 3 will be more than two years

Nomis wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 5:48 pm
slowed down 24fps?
A nerdy nitpick, I know :P
You can notice it at 0:56 and 1:17

Only Nolan seems to have the power to push for 15/70 prints. Which is sad.
Talking about WW3 already? It’s good that they have a clear path to follow, if a sequel gets greenlit.