Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Forum Pro
Law

furries rejoice!

I doubt she would when it's done by a professional prosthetic/make-up team. I'm curious to see what they have in mind for Cheetah. Perhaps the look they're after does only work with CG or a combination of CG and practical, we just don't know yet. I hope they won't animate her eyes though.

Films like LOTR had great prosthetics, practical and make-up effects, which is why I will always prefer practical make-up effects over a CG creation.

And the same LOTR also had one of the greatest CGI creations in the history of cinema, which to date is one of if not the most revered aspect of those films.£

Master Virgo wrote:
May 22nd, 2018, 8:37 pm
And the same LOTR also had one of the greatest CGI creations in the history of cinema, which to date is one of if not the most revered aspect of those films.£
I know but they had several years of pre-production and I have not seen many motion capture characters that could rival that particular CG creation since.

Batfan175 wrote:
May 22nd, 2018, 9:13 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
I know but they had several years of pre-production and I have not seen many motion capture characters that could rival that particular CG creation since.
The Na'vi? Caesar? Hulk? With the right budget and good design, it's definitely doable.

anarchy wrote:
May 22nd, 2018, 11:56 pm
Batfan175 wrote:
May 22nd, 2018, 9:13 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
The Na'vi? Caesar? Hulk? With the right budget and good design, it's definitely doable.
The Hulk ain't on the same level.

It’s about performance, not the texture.

Of course, in the end that's all that matters. But it definitely doesn't harm it if it looks incredible. I think next to Gollem, Davy Jones is still one of the best mo-cap they've put out there. Although it does have the huge benefit of not animating (Nighy's) eyes. Would be pretty tight if they at least don't animate Wiig's eyes, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯