The Witcher (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Yeah I'm a bit mixed on it as well. I hope it's just the trailer though

m4st4 wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 8:33 pm
Went in with low expectations, came out unexpectedly hyped and surpised by the layerific nature of the show, starting from production design all the way to multiple narratives, just like in the books and of course games.

Surpised by the negativity here, internet seems to at least feel positive about this.
I watched the trailer over half a dozen times and didn't realize Triss was even in it until someone pointed it out. They didn't even bother dying her hair blonde or red. I'm partially surprised that even the casual internet audience is mildly impressesd

Slavic women screaming loudly in the background or bust

Where's the crazy frying pan lady, or the silly trolls or the tragic werewolves or the cute dwarves and gnomes? The interdimentional epic stuff with which Wild Hunt ends shouldnt have been the focus of this, rather all the intimate little storylines involving poor, unlucky souls needing Geralt's detective and monster slaying skills, on the background of which the Ciri stuff would eventually feel signifficant and epic enough. The witcher profession aspect should've been enough of a hook, not the generic doom plot. The games are notorious for complicating and connecting all the minor stuff into grander tjings but this tries to bypass all that it seems.
Last edited by prince0gotham on July 20th, 2019, 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

They’re starting with The Last Wish, showrunner confirmed. They have eight episodes. And probably three seasons already.

Well ive read it and it doesnt look like it

prince0gotham wrote:
July 20th, 2019, 1:06 am
Well ive read it and it doesnt look like it
Like I said, the showrunner herself confirmed they’ll start the series with the short stories and continue inteconnecting them with the Ciri stuff. One of the SDCC exclusive clips was Geralt fighting a monster and the other was Yen talking to a dead baby so yeah, they’re not shying away from what Witcher is, just decided to sell the thing first with the epic stuff.

Geoffrey wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 11:35 pm
m4st4 wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 8:33 pm
Went in with low expectations, came out unexpectedly hyped and surpised by the layerific nature of the show, starting from production design all the way to multiple narratives, just like in the books and of course games.

Surpised by the negativity here, internet seems to at least feel positive about this.
I watched the trailer over half a dozen times and didn't realize Triss was even in it until someone pointed it out. They didn't even bother dying her hair blonde or red. I'm partially surprised that even the casual internet audience is mildly impressesd
Triss didn't have blonde or red hair, what?

She was ‘chestnut colored’ in the books no?

m4st4 wrote:
July 20th, 2019, 4:12 am
She was ‘chestnut colored’ in the books no?
Yeah.