The Witcher (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Artemis wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 6:48 pm
Flash floods reported for Houston tonight
God I felt like a sleaze typing that but I had to get that joke in

Gator arms.

Trailer was half cheesy and with bad acting and lines delivering. I can already tell how cheesy the dialogues are going to come out of these actors.
Last edited by LEXX on July 19th, 2019, 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vader182 wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 6:54 pm
i can't tell if this looks awful or its just a really bad trailer but

i am unenthused

-Vader
bit of both honestly.

Went in with an open mind, but this really does looks like a cheesy, "emo" Game of Thrones. That last shot of Geralt looked horrid. The performances seem very melodramatic and hamfisted. Cinematography looks mediocre. The shots of Yennefer screaming over the the background of fire, Ciri walking to the center tree, and Yennefer walking towards the camera are too self-indulgent and on-the-nose. That "Force Repulse" like Aard-move or whatever that Ciri does even looked cheap.

Went in with low expectations, came out unexpectedly hyped and surpised by the layerific nature of the show, starting from production design all the way to multiple narratives, just like in the books and of course games.

Surpised by the negativity here, internet seems to at least feel positive about this.

As an ultimate fun of the books, this looks terrific.

poplar wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 8:37 pm
I mean, it totally feels like the books and made me re-install the game and start reading them all over again. I actually have The Last Wish near me for tomorrow.

m4st4 wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 8:41 pm
poplar wrote:
I mean, it totally feels like the books and made me re-install the game and start reading them all over again. I actually have The Last Wish near me for tomorrow.
Well, I'm glad, after all it's a saga that came from my country ; )
I really like the idea to show Yennefer before she magicaly "upgrade" herself.

poplar wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 8:46 pm
m4st4 wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 8:41 pm
poplar wrote:
Well, I'm glad, after all it's a saga that came from my country ; )
I really like the idea to show Yennefer before she magicaly "upgrade" herself.
Heading to Krakow again next month and totally getting myself a figure or two based on W3. ;) Last time I was just salivating.

Once again, I am not familiar with anything that this was based on previously. However, that teaser certainly got me very intrigued; Game of Thrones but with a lot more mythical elements. I hope it doesn't disappoint the fans.