Radiothread

All non-Nolan related entertainment discussion. Join the fun!
Post Reply
Posts: 3817
Joined: May 2014
Location: [insert non-spoilery location here, that wasn't a spoiler to begin with]

Posts: 25233
Joined: June 2011
Ellie Goulding apparently complained about not getting the gig lol

Posts: 4762
Joined: June 2012
Location: Gotham City

Posts: 26062
Joined: February 2010
Location: Tejas
dammit Bacon

The point of the title is the pun, the stuff in the parentheses is redundant. It's like the equivalent of telling a joke and then taking the time to explain why the joke is funny and why you're supposed to be laughing.

I mean, I don't even like Radiohead and you're totally fucking up my entire life right now Bacon goddammit!

Posts: 25233
Joined: June 2011
Cilogy wrote:dammit Bacon

The point of the title is the pun, the stuff in the parentheses is redundant. It's like the equivalent of telling a joke and then taking the time to explain why the joke is funny and why you're supposed to be laughing.

I mean, I don't even like Radiohead and you're totally fucking up my entire life right now Bacon goddammit!
You're lucky I'm up at 3am

Posts: 242
Joined: December 2011
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Certainly makes the idea of Nolan getting a chance at Bond even more tantalising.

I'm sure he'd want Zimmer for the score and imagine Radiohead collaborating with Hans on the theme.

The only real good theme of the DC era is You Know My Name and that was because Arnold and Cornell composed the theme and Arnold wove it into his score.

Thom's words about being excited of collaborating with HZ makes me think they'd be more than happy to do it again.

Unfortunately EON seem more happy to have songs that won't age well but be big hits at the time, can you see anyone memorable playing Writing On The Wall like they do Goldfinger, You Only Live Twice, Diamonds are Forever, Live & Let Die or of course Nobody Does it Better decades down the line? No I didn't think so!

Though if Nolan was at the helm I think he'd want something with depth, though overuling BB & MGW on this might be an issue, I think it's likely Craig wanted RH for SPECTRE over that Sam Smith drviel.

I believe it was BB & Mendes that wanted Sam Smith, for the life of me I can't think why, that song was forgotten as quick as it arrived.

I did like their version of the Spectre theme but Burn The Witch proved they could do something more ballsy which I'd like to see them do for Bond if they ever got a chance, BTW even had that Geroge Martin style crescendo at it's climax which would be great.

Although I can see them been added to the list like Depeche Mode, Massive Attack & Portishead that should have but never will.

Started watching the Lollapolooza set on the RH YT channel, need to return it sounded like they were playing AMSP in order and it sounded incredible. Makes me even more gutted I lost out on my Manchester New Arena show, tragic reasons for this but nonetheless I will see them again one day, OK Tour still the best gig I've ever seen.

Lift video another example of them still producing compelling promo's for their output.

Posts: 25233
Joined: June 2011
They don't play AMSP in order. They play first 5 tracks and then do 19 tracks from other albums, I believe. And I'd love to see them do a Bond theme, even Nolan would tbh, but it won't happen since they got two tracks rejected.

Posts: 3817
Joined: May 2014
Location: [insert non-spoilery location here, that wasn't a spoiler to begin with]
Oh hehiohahaahehaaa...DONT worry. Big daddy Nolan will MAKE thm and the boys doit :angel:

Posts: 242
Joined: December 2011
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Bacon wrote:They don't play AMSP in order. They play first 5 tracks and then do 19 tracks from other albums, I believe. And I'd love to see them do a Bond theme, even Nolan would tbh, but it won't happen since they got two tracks rejected.
They do return to do more tracks from AMSP, I've not finished the whole show yet but it looks like they've done the bulk of the album.

Posts: 25233
Joined: June 2011
Teslashelby wrote:
Bacon wrote:They don't play AMSP in order. They play first 5 tracks and then do 19 tracks from other albums, I believe. And I'd love to see them do a Bond theme, even Nolan would tbh, but it won't happen since they got two tracks rejected.
They do return to do more tracks from AMSP, I've not finished the whole show yet but it looks like they've done the bulk of the album.
I know. I've seen it. I saw them live. lol

They played 6 AMSP songs at my tour but that's 6 out of 25 songs. It's not overly AMSP but it also makes sense to play AMSP on the AMSP tour...?

Post Reply