Radiothread

A place to discuss music and video games.
I personally think they are in it for the long haul and it's best they don't bang an album out too often if AMSP is anything to go by I'm happy to get a new long player every 4 years or so.

I know some might say different but I still think in the mainstream arena they have no peers and there are not many bands if any at all can claim to have a legacy like them.

They don't want to become a nostalgia act but considering how acclaimed their last 3 LP's have been both on tape and live, they're definitely not that yet.

Bacon wrote:
July 21st, 2018, 6:42 pm
They don't want to become a nostalgia act but considering how acclaimed their last 3 LP's have been both on tape and live, they're definitely not that yet.
and I don't think they will ever be one, I think as soon as it feels like a job rather than something they want to do they'll pack it in.

Being a fan for over 2 decades now I've always been so happy to have a band that I love so much still willing to push the envelope.

I remember after OKC when so many expected more guitar led material and they dropped Kid A which I will be honest took me by surprise but sometimes albums that aren't immediate are the ones that stay with you and the fact they followed it up less than a year later with Amnesiac (which I actually prefer) showed they weren't in it for just the sake of it.

Anyway hope you enjoy seeing them (how could you not), I'm just hoping they manage some shows in their home country before they bring this tour to an end.

I saw "Wolf at the Door" live. :wtf: :o

Bacon wrote:
July 24th, 2018, 4:30 pm
I saw "Wolf" TWICE and saw "Talk Show Host" also... :o

Got rail at my second show in the pit and it was the best concert I've ever been to.

Bacon wrote:
July 27th, 2018, 2:10 am
Bacon wrote:
July 24th, 2018, 4:30 pm
I saw "Wolf" TWICE and saw "Talk Show Host" also... :o

Got rail at my second show in the pit and it was the best concert I've ever been to.
Talk Show Host? :shock: wow I didn’t even know they were playing that one recently! I wish I could see them play that one and Planet Telex live someday.

Theyve only played it twice this leg.

The crowd was particularly incredible at the show and Thom even acknowledged it at the end which he doesnt normally do.

DAmn you lucky bacon. Saw them in Pittsburgh on the 26. Soooo fucking good, but we didn’t get Talk Show Host! Wolf at the Door thoughhhhh :twothumbsup:

Glad you had such a great show Bacon, Wolf At The Door that's pretty special but also Talk Show Host that is some set list.

So hoping they make it back here at some point before they wrap up this tour.

Played Decks Dark too, which I adore (and The Tourist in the earlier show I went to in Columbus w/ nosebleeds). They soundchecked Dollars and Cents which would have been perfect for the US Bank Arena but I guess they didn't feel up for it that night.

I noticed they didn't play it in Pittsburgh (the concert after us) either, so idk.