Suspiria (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
So excited for this, just as I’m also very excited for Dakota to be in (potentially) great films. She might have her moment this Fall with this and El Royale

I never really cared much for Dakota but the projects she has lined up look really good and interesting!

Ruth wrote:
August 10th, 2018, 3:20 pm
So excited for this, just as I’m also very excited for Dakota to be in (potentially) great films. She might have her moment this Fall with this and El Royale
Never watched 50 Shades but the rest of her filmography looks great and she’s genuinely awesome person during interviews, I wish her all the best! 🕷️

m4st4 wrote:
August 10th, 2018, 5:50 pm
Ruth wrote:
August 10th, 2018, 3:20 pm
Never watched 50 Shades but the rest of her filmography looks great and she’s genuinely awesome person during interviews, I wish her all the best! 🕷️
i’ve only ever seen her in a few small roles (apart from the first 50 shades one), but idk, due to the fact that she’s gotten some shit for doing those movies and some “real” film fans don’t take her seriously, I’ve become more supportive of her. She’s obviously not a terrible actress.

She was rather good in A Bigger Splash. I can't wait to see her performance in this, she looks to be giving her best.

The most impressive dance scene in this remake of director Dario Argento’s classic 1977 terror tale is a public performance of the routine “Volk” — German for “people.” Inspired by the pre-WWII avant-garde expressionist dance movement, the sequence was dreamed up by the film’s choreographer, Damien Jalet, and is soundtracked by an instrumental from the film’s composer, Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke.

“In Dario Argento’s film, you see mostly lessons; there is not a grand dance moment in the movie,” says director Luca Guadagnino (who helmed last year’s Call Me by Your Name). “We felt that dance needed to be part of the process of witchcraft. That performance builds towards the greater ritual that is at the core of the film.”
This passage made me super excited

Bacon wrote:
August 10th, 2018, 8:19 pm
The most impressive dance scene in this remake of director Dario Argento’s classic 1977 terror tale is a public performance of the routine “Volk” — German for “people.” Inspired by the pre-WWII avant-garde expressionist dance movement, the sequence was dreamed up by the film’s choreographer, Damien Jalet, and is soundtracked by an instrumental from the film’s composer, Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke.

“In Dario Argento’s film, you see mostly lessons; there is not a grand dance moment in the movie,” says director Luca Guadagnino (who helmed last year’s Call Me by Your Name). “We felt that dance needed to be part of the process of witchcraft. That performance builds towards the greater ritual that is at the core of the film.”
This passage made me super excited
Just shows that Luca is operating on another level. Inspired by Argento’s initial premise, he’s looking to move the idea forward.🕷️

Which is exactly what this needs. Really hope can I see this at the Venice Film Festival.

I've rarely felt as confident in a film being great since I watched ,in absolute wonder, the first Prometheus trailer.
Yes,yes this is going to be very good indeed.