Suspiria (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Yorke is no Goblin though.
The synth soundtrack in the original is a fucking masterpiece, you know, like the film itself?
Not excited for this remake at all, but I'm glad they at least appear to be trying.

I did not like the original movie at all. Sure, the colours are gorgeous and the music is nice, but there's plenty of room for improvement. Yorke breathing gets me excited, so I'm over the moon for this.

Honestly pretty surprised that the original has the detractors that it has.
:|

this shouldn't exist.

Too much talent involved. Much to be excited for.

The original is a masterpiece, but curious what the talent involved can do with this.

7212017 wrote:Honestly pretty surprised that the original has the detractors that it has.
:|
Well, considering it's a cult film and is perceived as a classic/masterpiece by mostly film enthusiasts, I'm not so surprised.

A similar and less known film is Malle's Black Moon. Now that is something that should never be remade because how do you even remake that?!

In that regard, Suspiria is not even close to being as challenging as Black Moon and has way more in common with american filmmaking. Which makes this decision rather understandable since they can really bring both movies to a wider audience.

The Witch kind of played around some of the imagery in Black Moon but that's about it.

7212017 wrote:Yorke is no Goblin though.
LMAO

Bacon wrote:
LMAO

Bacon wrote:
LMAO
I could respond with the same for at least 95% of your posts.