Suspiria (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
it must be hard to see your work turned into something else

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
January 20th, 2019, 4:45 am
nothing convinces a man of righteousness quite like an angry wall of text

-Vader
Angry? I don't have time for angry.
Sometimes, I'll write more than usual, but emotional investment is not quite the same as, you know, real life.🕷

You have to see things from the point of view these people. Argento, Scott, Elfman. You create something that is considered unique, dearly loved by many. And then someone else comes in, someone very successful, highly regarded here and there, and wants to put their own mark in what was previously your zone, your achievement. It's hard to be fair, or generous here, it's hard to subdue your negative feelings.

Andrews refused to do a cameo in the new Poppins, citing that she does not want to interfere as Blunt is trying to make the character, her own. But one can't help but to wonder, if this whole thing is understandably painful for her. Mark Hamill as another example or Ford, etc.

I don't know, I can kind of relate with these people's mindsets. I cut them some slack.£

I do the same, if there's a certain dose of disconnect between those people and the new creators. They don't own them nothing, for sure.🕷

Yeah, but those individuals (excluding Elfman) have been relatively respectful with the way they've handled talking about it. Definitely not the case with Argento, especially this soon after it's come out.

He is indeed a bit harsh on it...

almost 10 years and we're still having the same fights

So this is on Blu-Ray but it's basically impossible to find anywhere except for Amazon.com...and there's no guarantee of a slipcover when your order from Amazon.

Bacon wrote:
January 31st, 2019, 1:21 am
So this is on Blu-Ray but it's basically impossible to find anywhere except for Amazon.com...and there's no guarantee of a slipcover when your order from Amazon.
Nothing about this movie feels easy... Ordered and patiently waiting for the package to arrive. Shipped across Atlantic.🕷️