Suspiria (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
BlairCo wrote:
April 5th, 2018, 8:13 am
The 1977 version is a tonal mess. Yes, the colours are bright and beautiful. Yes, the score is pure 70's synth rock. But it blows its load within the first 15 minutes. After that genuinely disturbing opening act, every single plot revelation that follows is not surprising at all. If anything, Nicolas Roeg did a better version in 1990. I'm more excited to see how Guadagnino injects his style into this type of story.
Watching Suspiria for the plot is like watching 12 Angry Men for the visual effects.

-Vader

So it’s a Refn movie, only lesser. Style over not much substance but style isn’t enough in this case.

m4st4 wrote:
April 5th, 2018, 8:44 am
So it’s a Refn movie, only lesser. Style over not much substance but style isn’t enough in this case.
Refn wishes he could make Suspiria. Seriously, look it up.

Numbers wrote:
April 5th, 2018, 12:44 pm
m4st4 wrote:
I’ve seen a solid number of giallo entries, specifically from Dario Argento and I’ve seen every single movie from Nicholas Winding Refn. Drive is a masterpiece, Pusher 2 is a masterpiece, and even his ‘wanking fest’ entries like OGF and Neon Demon are more bearable than Goblin shouting over a variety of shots that are completely unrelated to one another. Seriously, I’ve looked it up cause I own all of those movies on blu-ray and I’ve sort of decided to hide Suspiria somewhere in the back. I will never get the hype surrounding it. Refn wouldn’t agree with me though, he adores it.

m4st4 wrote:
April 5th, 2018, 1:24 pm
Numbers wrote:
April 5th, 2018, 12:44 pm
m4st4 wrote:
I’ve seen a solid number of giallo entries, specifically from Dario Argento and I’ve seen every single movie from Nicholas Winding Refn. Drive is a masterpiece, Pusher 2 is a masterpiece, and even his ‘wanking fest’ entries like OGF and Neon Demon are more bearable than Goblin shouting over a variety of shots that are completely unrelated to one another. Seriously, I’ve looked it up cause I own all of those movies on blu-ray and I’ve sort of decided to hide Suspiria somewhere in the back. I will never get the hype surrounding it. Refn wouldn’t agree with me though, he adores it.

m4st4 wrote:
April 5th, 2018, 1:24 pm
even his ‘wanking fest’ entries like OGF and Neon Demon are more bearable than Goblin shouting over a variety of shots that are completely unrelated to one another.
I guess we just have to agree to disagree, but that's fine.

Open your mind and stretch your imagination. #Suspiria is coming to theaters this fall.

Starring Tilda Swinton, Dakota Johnson, @ChloeGMoretz, Mia Goth and Jessica Harper. From director Luca Guadagnino.
First footage shown at CinemaCon

Bacon wrote:
April 26th, 2018, 6:35 pm
On my planet it means 'hope'

Dan Perri, the master title artist behind STAR WARS and THE EXORCIST, helped design the new teaser poster for Luca Guadagnino's horror remake SUSPIRIA
Footage description:
http://variety.com/2018/film/markets-fe ... 202789253/

Here's to hoping they pull this off successfully. I despise jump scares in horror and prefer more tense disturbing stuff based off the actual film itself. This footage description sounds like they're thankfully not going the jump-scare route.

Bacon wrote:
April 26th, 2018, 8:09 pm
Footage description:
http://variety.com/2018/film/markets-fe ... 202789253/

Here's to hoping they pull this off successfully. I despise jump scares in horror and prefer more tense disturbing stuff based off the actual film itself. This footage description sounds like they're thankfully not going the jump-scare route.
This reminded me of voodoo dolls. Me likey.