Suspiria (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/thom- ... 202422331/
“Suspiria” is set in 1977 Berlin and follows a young American woman who joins a prestigious dance company. She arrives just as one of the members mysteriously disappears. As her stock in the company rises, she begins to suspect that the dance troupe is harboring a disturbing secret.

Amazon Studios co-financed the film with K Period Media, the producer of “Manchester by the Sea.” It will release “Suspiria” theatrically in the United States. The film stars Oscar-winner Tilda Swinton, “Fifty Shades of Grey’s” Dakota Johnson, “A Cure For Wellness'” Mia Goth, and “Kickass'” Chloë Grace Moretz. Jessica Harper, star of the original “Suspiria,” is also in the cast. Marco Morabito and Brad Fischer produced the film through their Frenesy Films and Mythology Entertainment production banners. David Kajganich wrote the script.

In a statement, Guadgnino said working with Yorke was “a dream come true,” adding “Our goal is to make a movie that will be a disturbing and transforming experience: for this ambition, we could not find a better partner than Thom.”

Someone feel free to move this if there's already a thread. I'm sure there is, but I couldn't find it.

I doubt there's a thread for this as it's the first time I'm hearing about this.

I'm not mad. Suspiria is a classic cult film but definitely not a movie that can't be remade.

Who's gonna direct this tho?

The film is a reimagining of Dario Argento’s cult classic. The new version of the horror film is directed by the critically acclaimed Italian filmmaker [Luca Guadagnino] behind “Call Me By Your Name” and “I Am Love.” Yorke is best-known as the singer and principal songwriter behind the alt-rock band Radiohead. “Suspiria” marks the first time he scored a feature film.

“Suspiria” is set in 1977 Berlin and follows a young American woman who joins a prestigious dance company. She arrives just as one of the members mysteriously disappears. As her stock in the company rises, she begins to suspect that the dance troupe is harboring a disturbing secret.

Amazon Studios co-financed the film with K Period Media, the producer of “Manchester by the Sea.” It will release “Suspiria” theatrically in the United States. The film stars Oscar-winner Tilda Swinton, “Fifty Shades of Grey’s” Dakota Johnson, “A Cure For Wellness'” Mia Goth, and “Kickass'” Chloë Grace Moretz. Jessica Harper, star of the original “Suspiria,” is also in the cast. Marco Morabito and Brad Fischer produced the film through their Frenesy Films and Mythology Entertainment production banners. David Kajganich wrote the script.

Moretz is wildly miscast. Crazy news about Thom though.

-Vader

Confession time, last time I saw the original - absolutely hated it.

Oh god is Moretz gonna act again?

AsianVersionOfET wrote:the critically acclaimed Italian filmmaker [Luca Guadagnino] behind “Call Me By Your Name” and “I Am Love.”
Yeah somehow missed this when I first read it. Not gonna act like I know who this lad is but I've seen "I Am Love" from him as well as "A Bigger Splash". He's okay I guess.

I hope there's not gonna be too much Hollywood in this.

On a serious discussion. I don't know why they keep doing these horror movies unjustice. I mean it's obvious that they constantly fuck up. Rings being the latest addition but... It's not like these movies do high box office numbers or anything so what the fuck really? What makes them always invest in these Rings-like type of movies. I mean they are not TERRIBLE but they are bad... I don't get it. Are the bluray sales or streaming numbers crazy or what lol

A Bigger Splash was pretty night and Call Me by Your Name is definitely on my watchlist, so that bodes well for this. Swinton of course

Thom Yorke? In.