Suspiria (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I... may not see this in cinema. Unless some weird fest gets it.

Fuck my life.🕷

m4st4 wrote:
October 15th, 2018, 3:13 pm

Fuck my life.🕷
Travel?

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
October 15th, 2018, 3:17 pm
m4st4 wrote:
October 15th, 2018, 3:13 pm

Fuck my life.🕷
Travel?

-Vader
There are options, yes. Slovenia is close by but friend says they are in a similar position. Italy dubs their movies so not a chance... perhaps couple of distant cities for a short fest/weekend sort of deal, we'll see. I believe it's the Amazon, our local distributor doesn't have the rights, or incentive, to buy it.🕷

Ah fuck that really sucks m4...

The hype is real - gorgeous and intricate with surprising amounts of depth and emotion in the story and performances (the Lutz Ebersdorf Oscar campaign begins now). Honestly, was taken aback about how much more 1. straightforward 2. layered and 3. emotional it was?! Bless Luca, so much grace in its direction. And just in general....there's been a lot of 'this film will screw you up for life' hype and ... like, temper your expectations of gore. It's there, it delivers on the promised insanity, but it's not THE thing. mother! 2k18, Suspiria is not. Like, no way. Final act aside, maybe. And hell I'd even argue it's hard to classify as horror. Horror elements, sure. Thom Yorke's debut score is a knockout and I'm gonna have these released tracks on repeat now. Oh and please everyone go see this because NEED these sequels!

Can’t wait to give my soul to the dance... in January 2019 (got my answer today).🕷️

antovolk wrote:
October 16th, 2018, 9:22 am
The hype is real - gorgeous and intricate with surprising amounts of depth and emotion in the story and performances (the Lutz Ebersdorf Oscar campaign begins now). Honestly, was taken aback about how much more 1. straightforward 2. layered and 3. emotional it was?! Bless Luca, so much grace in its direction. And just in general....there's been a lot of 'this film will screw you up for life' hype and ... like, temper your expectations of gore. It's there, it delivers on the promised insanity, but it's not THE thing. mother! 2k18, Suspiria is not. Like, no way. Final act aside, maybe. And hell I'd even argue it's hard to classify as horror. Horror elements, sure. Thom Yorke's debut score is a knockout and I'm gonna have these released tracks on repeat now. Oh and please everyone go see this because NEED these sequels!
It's incredible isn't it.

so is this releasing in the states on the 26th???

AsianVersionOfET wrote:
October 17th, 2018, 9:45 am
so is this releasing in the states on the 26th???
NYC/LA - Oct 26
"Nationwide" - Nov 2

No idea what they consider "Nationwide" though. It'll probably be a few weeks for my state to get it.

This is the only song I'm lukewarm toward at the moment. Hopefully it works better in context.