Suspiria (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I pre-ordered the vinyl but will download the mp3 version as well.🕷️

I just screened the original tonight for 5 friends who never saw it. For those who haven't seen this version or haven't seen it yet, seriously recommend the Synapse Remaster as it is transcendent.

One of the greatest horror movies ever made and one of the most influential. One of the rare true nightmares.

-Vader

As I've not seen the film I can't comment within the context of that but Thom goes from strength to strength.

Nice pressing as well, not that I'm a coloured vinyl fan ( far from it) although it looks quite nice. Great sound with a nice gatefold sleeve, no download code that I could see but I'll be able to stream it on spotify no doubt.

To have one talented film composer in your ranks but now two, Radiohead are like no other band around.

I need a sequel like yesterday

Nomis wrote:
October 21st, 2018, 6:22 pm
I really doubt this will end up happening, though.

Bacon wrote:
October 21st, 2018, 7:18 pm
Nomis wrote:
October 21st, 2018, 6:22 pm
I really doubt this will end up happening, though.
if it plays like mother! it won't, if it plays like most horror movies it will

-Vader

Luckily, it's nothing like mother!

edit: more photos added to this album

Rewatched the original the other night. Liked it a lot more and was able to take in the style since I knew what kind of movie I was in for. The ending is still where it falls apart though. Once
Sarah dies
the film goes downhill and seems like it's propelling to finish as simply and easily as possible.

I caught the OG on the big screen for the first time yesterday and...while I get why people love it so much - and don't get me wrong the visuals and score and production design are simply iconic and it's all so visceral and bold - Luca's is, no contest, the better movie. I wonder how much of the flaws of the original (from the dubbing to the paper-thin story with the key mythology and stuff that Luca's one enjoys exploring and actually engaging with instead relegated to a random scene at the BMW factory) is just Dario purposefully fucking with us and being in on the joke, does this sort of sense come through in his other films?

Also, don't let this flop people because need Luca to get to make the sequels he so evidently wants

plot is not relative to artistic merit, it's like the least important thing

-Vader