Suspiria (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Great trailer after a fantastic teaser. Very excited.

I will say this: while the elements of the story look intriguing, the film's visual aesthetic does not seem as vibrant and colourful as the original and I think it's a bit of a shame.

Batfan175 wrote:
August 23rd, 2018, 6:16 pm
I will say this: while the elements of the story look intriguing, the film's visual aesthetic does not seem as vibrant and colourful as the original and I think it's a bit of a shame.
It's not supposed to be.

BlairCo wrote:
August 23rd, 2018, 6:24 pm
Batfan175 wrote:
August 23rd, 2018, 6:16 pm
It's not supposed to be.
I want luca to do his thing and put his authorial imprint on the movie, but I'm not happy it has the same gray-ish and flat visuals of 90% of horror movies.

lots of folks on twitter and reddit complaining about the same

hopefully the completed grade is better

-Vader

It's definitely a creative choice to remove the primary colors from the film. It might not be as unique as the original, but it's not as if Luca is unaware of how horror films look nowadays. I think there's some tricks up their sleeves.

Song from trailer is "Suspiria (Trailer Theme)" by Yorke. The arrangement may just be for the trailer but the 2 cues in it will almost certainly be in the soundtrack. That billing also. :shock:

teaser was better. Not overly impressed by this trailer and the posters are kind of bad.

Allstar wrote:
August 23rd, 2018, 10:29 pm
Not overly impressed by this trailer and the posters are kind of bad.
Movie is a piece of trash confirmed

Bacon wrote:
August 23rd, 2018, 11:09 pm
Allstar wrote:
August 23rd, 2018, 10:29 pm
Not overly impressed by this trailer and the posters are kind of bad.
Movie is a piece of trash confirmed
I’m more so worried it’s not going to live up to the insane hype than it not being good. I could see this getting mother! type reactions. But sure get defensive...

i feel the hype doesnt extend far beyond nf

i like luca tho but he has to prove himself with this one to get in my good books

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
August 23rd, 2018, 11:43 pm
i feel the hype doesnt extend far beyond nf

i like luca tho but he has to prove himself with this one to get in my good books
there's a tremendous amount of hype on film twitter

-Vader