Hellboy (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Movie had 12 (twelve) producers and two of those thought they could direct the movie instead of him. Even fired his regular photographer just to make a scene... I wouldn’t rush to judge Marshall here. More like too many cooks in the kitchen. I would’ve left for a blowjob too.

Edit: love the consensus holy shit. :lol: :clap:

The Descent and Blackwater didn't direct themselves.

Marshall clearly wasn't allowed to direct.

Waiting for Sapochnik to be announced to direct the next adaptation of the fantastic four...
How much different is it to direct for a series than a film? I mean we refer to a film as "made by its director" and a series as "made by its showrunner". When you direct a TV episode, do you get to edit, to work with the composer, to work on the production design, to work on the costume? I know that, for example, great directors of the forties and fifties such as John Ford or King Vidor didn't get to edit their film (at least some), they were just put in between the writer and the editor. Is it kind of the same for TV director?

m4st4 wrote:
April 11th, 2019, 7:22 am
a) Are you allstar?
b) What crow?
I'm just pulling your leg. I remember you being excited as Mignola was involved.

Who knew he'd end up being one of the many cooks.

so movie-by-committee syndrome then?

damn, I was hoping it would make Harbour a true star

Don't worry. He's in Black Widow movie.

Or maybe things just don't work out for some reason? I mean Ridley Scott, for example, is great when he's got a great script. However, he doesn't give me the impression that he can easily spot the difference between a great and a terrible script. Same thing with Tim Burton. As a director, you try to direct new things, some of which work, some of which do not.

Pratham wrote:
April 11th, 2019, 1:49 pm
m4st4 wrote:
April 11th, 2019, 7:22 am
a) Are you allstar?
b) What crow?
I'm just pulling your leg. I remember you being excited as Mignola was involved.

Who knew he'd end up being one of the many cooks.
I know, but I kinda saw the footage later on... I guess there will be another shot at B.P.R.D. in ten years.

That's what happen when you hired all the wrong people for this crap. They should just scrap this garbage and give it a full adult CGI animation with the caricature look.