Hellboy (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The saddest thing is there was never any hope for this once the first trailer dropped. That is the worst trailer I can remember seeing. I usually say at least wait for more footage and I have seen trailers I’ve hated but ended up enjoying the film but the trailer for this was so garbage it screamed razzies.

Allstar wrote:
April 10th, 2019, 7:19 pm
Why are all Game of Thrones directors hacks when they direct movies?
Because the quality of the show is largely dictated by its showrunner. The directors are only hired guns to finish the vision of the showrunner. And thus these hired guns are often hired to make terrible uninspired studio movies.
Last edited by LelekPL on April 11th, 2019, 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

And also, the obvious reason: directing a TV episode is an entirely different craft than directin a feature film.

Also, I guess it's not ONLY the director's fault, I'm pretty sure the script wasn't the best.

m4st4 wrote:
April 11th, 2019, 1:21 am
Yeah, rip what could’ve been the best Hellboy iteration yet. Everything went wrong.
how's the crow? :P
Artemis wrote:
April 10th, 2019, 8:10 pm
What the fuck does this bitch do in bed to get these dudes to become obsessed with her?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

wow, I gotta tip my hat off, this is some of the dumbest shit I’ve read in a while. i feel sorry for the rest of the cast/crew tbh.

gosh I really want GDT or Perlman to tweet something petty as fuck and hilarious about this

These reactions are only fuelling my curiosity in the movie.

And judging by some of the reviews I took a glance at at Rotten Tomatoes, almost all of them gave it the lowest score possible on their respective scales. So they aren't saying this is around 4-5 out of 10, or 2-3 out of 5, almost all of them are 1 or F. I mean, how bad can it be?

Which is so strange, I dunno which trailer I saw before Shazam, but I thought it was sort of entertaining. I didn’t know much about Hellboy before though, and only saw GDT’s first one a couple of days ago.

Pratham wrote:
April 11th, 2019, 6:14 am
m4st4 wrote:
April 11th, 2019, 1:21 am
Yeah, rip what could’ve been the best Hellboy iteration yet. Everything went wrong.
how's the crow? :P
Artemis wrote:
April 10th, 2019, 8:10 pm
What the fuck does this bitch do in bed to get these dudes to become obsessed with her?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
a) Are you allstar?
b) What crow?

I wouldn't say Marshall is a hack or isn't talented. Dog Soldiers and The Descent are both excellent. I think he's just given bad material.

David Slade also comes to mind. Hard Candy and 30 Days of Night are both fantastic.