Glass (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Honestly dug this. Problem is M Night trying to squeeze an extra movie's worth of worldbuilding, as a conclusion it works just about satisfyingly enough. But everything before that is as good as hyped, action being the real MVP. Probably the best part of the film, executes and directed really really well. Cinematography and score are pretty gorgeous too.

More I think about it the more in tune it feels (to me) with Unbreakable, all thematically right. But I'll agree with a lot of what people are saying about the ending not working, although I dug what MNS was trying to do with it and imo it *does*, thankfully, resolve satisfyingly. Better plan for this would have been making it info Glass Part 1? Most of the existing film would stay intact...okay I'll shut up now 🤐.

Just saw this. It's pretty good. But M might be too ambitious.

When I wrote my negative review of Split two years ago, one of the few things I praised about the film was McAvoy’s performance, saying that he “takes center stage with his deliciously over-the-top representation of about a dozen personalities… He goes all-out with a gusto that at times almost makes Split watchable.” If anything, McAvoy is more mesmerizing this time around, expanding the number of characters he portrays. He interacts with himself better than with his co-stars and manages the seemingly-impossible task of stealing the spotlight from the magnetic Jackson

- Berardinelli

£

Kermode liked it.

When are people seeing this? Going to try to tomorrow.

Affraid to watch it so waiting on bro’s go-ahead. I trust him.🕷️

Just remember: this film, for better or worse, doesn't lessen the greatness of Unbreakable or the cinematic achievement that was Split's reveal.

Bacon wrote:
January 18th, 2019, 6:03 pm
or the cinematic achievement that was Split's reveal.
I mean it was neat, but that's about it.

Aside from some occasional heartfelt moments, McAvoy's performance and the Unbreakable reveal, Split isn't all that great really.

BlairCo wrote:
January 18th, 2019, 9:28 pm
Aside from some occasional heartfelt moments, McAvoy's performance and the Unbreakable reveal, Split isn't all that great really.
Agreed. Still seeing this (today actually) cuz I like Unbreakable.