Glass (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Hopefully the reviews get better but damn I had high hopes.

It seems like it's going to be more divided than negative, and there will be plenty of discussion over why it worked for some but didn't for others.

Looks like one of the biggest issues being brought up is the fact the film
revolves around the three being questioned about their superpowers for so long when we all know they've already done the stuff we've seen them do. I've always thought about that and was worried it'd bog the film down.

People calling it the worst movie ever made always make me laugh. Hate how reviewing has basically turned to 0/10 or 10/10 online now. They just want retweets and likes for their "funny" review and not an honest opinion

ignore reviews watch it if you want

Shyamalan is definitely critic proof for me.£

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 12:51 am
ignore reviews watch it if you want
Oh I bet I'll like the movie and Im still very hyped for it, just so annoyed with people

But on the other hand... it's also weird to see how people are shocked that this is supposedly not very good. It. Is. Shyamalan. The Happening, After Earth, Last Airbender, even Lady in the Water - all these are so frustratingly, mysteriously bad. Like, it's impossible to understand what The Happening is, when you look at it. Lady in the Water is soooo pretentious and embarrassing because of this. These are his major, more recent works. I loved the Unbreakable (haven't seen it in years, to be honest), and I really liked the atmosphere Signs created - but that's it.

I'm not sure what goes on in Shyamalan's mind, I mean he clearly just does what he wants to do, which is great! Really. He comes up with ideas and he makes them happen. But for audiences and critics alike, his style is mostly totally out of this world, and not in a good way. People can't connect to them at all - once again: most of the time.

So I understand Split may be an enjoyable film, and etc etc but it's weird for me to see people STILL having faith in the guy. Which is not a bad thing! But for me it's weird.

Maybe because we like his films?£

Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs, The Village, and Split are all good to great films (haven't seen The Visit). Dude has some awful stinkers, but a good half of his work is relatively solid.