Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
How Gunn takes a blow like this and Whedon doesn't makes no sense to me. #MeToo movement included.

Bacon wrote:
July 20th, 2018, 8:56 pm
How Gunn takes a blow like this and Whedon doesn't makes no sense to me. #MeToo movement included.
How so? Whedon didn't rape anyone. If he have multiple affairs who cares? They all do in Hollywood. There's a different between having an inappropriate emotionally affair than a physically forcing one.

People still think that Whedon used his power and influence in order to have those affairs. The fact that it was mostly with his younger actresses brings up a lot of questions.

Sysmatic wrote:
July 20th, 2018, 7:48 pm
I want to see Gunn go to DC/WB now so we can see Nomis reacting with some kind of pathetic excuse on Gunn jumping aboard the DC train :lol:
This.

I think Gunn's tweets weren't good, and I understand the reasons for firing him, even if Disney probably shouldn't have hired him in the first place. I might feel more bad for the guy if I didn't still think he had a chance at a career. This isn't quite like previous celebrities that have been kicked out of Hollywood in the last year, as there is a bit more controversy here and people defending him. I think his tweet showed a sign of acceptance of the firing, and I believe he will still be able to have a career, even if it isn't at the same level as it was before. Morgan Freeman has had multiple allegations against him recently, but I don't think he will lose his career either.

I think the best step Gunn should be looking at right now is how to make a positive impact in the world, whether it's through donating to charities or making a documentary/film about political issues, or anything else that will have a very positive impact on the world. We'll see where Gunn goes from here.

My interest in anything Marvel is completely shot following Avengers 4 because of this.

Bacon wrote:
July 21st, 2018, 1:27 am
My interest in anything Marvel is completely shot following Avengers 4 because of this.

i guess disney doesnt have a lot of loyalty for a hired gunn

you could say his career was
gunned down

People are now bringing up other actors, directors etc that Disney hired despite their controversial (or criminal) past. GG Mouse.
DreamPolice wrote:
July 21st, 2018, 2:42 am
you could say his career was
gunned down
booo
Pratham wrote:
July 20th, 2018, 3:37 pm
gunned down