Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

All non-Nolan related entertainment discussion. Join the fun!
I'm still in shock over this. I find it ridiculous and I'm no fanboy of Gunn like some on here.

With these Tweets resurfacing, I can understand why Disney would want to cut ties with him. And as far as Gunn's response to all this goes, regarding him personally reflecting on the tweets and the decision made by Disney, he said the right thing.

This won't hurt his career; the only bridge that's burning here is between him and Disney.

I want to see Gunn go to DC/WB now so we can see Nomis reacting with some kind of pathetic excuse on Gunn jumping aboard the DC train :lol:

My only question is whether Disney is moving forward with his script for GOTG 3. If not, then that's going to mess up the MCU slate.

BlairCo wrote:
July 20th, 2018, 7:43 pm
This won't hurt his career; the only bridge that's burning here is between him and Disney.
Not being able to close out one of the defining movie series' of recent decades is a hurt career

Bacon wrote:
July 20th, 2018, 8:06 pm
BlairCo wrote:
Not being able to close out one of the defining movie series' of recent decades is a hurt career
But he'll still be able to make successful creative content, just not with Disney.

Twitter is a platform usually for people to voice your true feelings and color. Gunn obvious exposed himself and his true nature before being famous. You can't erase the internet. Totally serve him right because what he said is pretty bad especially to a company like Disney that catered to mostly kids. Disney is probably pooping in their pants now since they have a pretty large Pedo Ring. Don't tell me Disney didn't know anything about his history. The #metoo movement from opposite side are wrecking havoc.

BlairCo wrote:
I think it definitely hurts him at the studio level, at least for a little while. Disney is going to absorb Fox in about a year, that's 40% of the marketplace. They publicly kicked him out on the basis of his expressed attitudes being "indefensible and inconsistent with our values." It's like a brand that puts the other major studios, by default, in the position of having to acknowledge "well, all that indefensible stuff is good with our values!"

His reaction to the business decision of severing ties between him and Disney indicates to me that he won't have too much trouble finding work.

Twitter was only 2 - 3 years old when Gunn posted those tweets, before anybody even took Twitter seriously or used it as an outlet for news or opinion. Are the things Gunn said disgusting and vile? Absolutely. But the utilisation of the website has evolved from just trolls posting vile shit (though plenty still lurk about) to celebrities informing the public on current events.

BlairCo wrote:
July 20th, 2018, 8:48 pm
His reaction to the business decision of severing ties between him and Disney indicates to me that he won't have too much trouble finding work.

Twitter was only 2 - 3 years old when Gunn was posted those tweets, before anybody even took Twitter seriously or used it as an outlet for news or opinion. Are the things Gunn said disgusting and vile? Absolutely. But the utilisation of the website has evolved from just trolls posting vile shit (though plenty do lurk about) to celebrities informing the public on current events.
The with #metoo movement. He ain't going to find any job soon or anyone who is going to jump on board and give him one.