Vice (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
What's wrong with his face?

I'm really looking forward to this but as of yet, this looks to start screening in my country in late fucking February...

Nomis wrote:
November 19th, 2018, 3:34 pm
What's wrong with his face?
I think it's just a case of uncanny valley. It's just the magazine cover photo. The rest of the pictures look fine.

Other than those pictures posted, I don't see it.

Anyway, this is pretty neat:

Bale is a beast and I cannot wait to see this! 🕷

I haven't been to the theater since the 2001 re-release thing, or Annihilation if we're going by 2018 releases alone. This better be good.

Edit/After:

Alright film. Bale and Adams were scary good again but all it did was remind me that its bad for your health to keep up with politics when you're not actually engaged in political activism. Its more emotionally disturbing than The Big Short, kinda like The Wolf of Wall Street for the people too creepy and unhealthy to have sex or be cool in any other way.

Go watch Who Is America instead.

Thought it was very very good in spite of McKay overcooking almost everything. A rare politics film actually about politics and someone supremely gifted in it as a technical art.

The acting in this is great and there were scenes that made me uncomfortable and sent chills down my spine.

But this is also a rather unfocused film and some parts were rather erratic.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
December 26th, 2018, 5:01 am
Thought it was very very good in spite of McKay overcooking almost everything. A rare politics film actually about politics and someone supremely gifted in it as a technical art.
How would you compare it to W. ?

Allstar wrote:
December 28th, 2018, 6:54 pm
ArmandFancypants wrote:
December 26th, 2018, 5:01 am
How would you compare it to W. ?
Very different films. W. is more tragicomic, insofar as it's the idea of a hugely ungifted person accidentally becoming president. This is far more savage. Actually this film is what I anticipate people expected Stone's Nixon to be before it came out and turned out that it too was sympathetic to Nixon and turned him into a tragic figure.

McKay clearly despises Cheney.