IT: Chapter Two (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Curious about that one as well. I know she was supposed to come back for Mama sequel and is a close friend with director's wife, the producer. She's logical, almost the same as Amy. Both are capable A listers that fit the role.

Some options, off the top of my head...

Bev - Amy Adams or Jessica Chastain
Bill - Tobey Maguire, Michael C Hall, Ethan Hawke
Richie - Bill Hader
Eddie - Adam Scott, Jake Gyllenhaal, Casey Affleck
Ben - Chris Pratt or Jeremy Renner
Stan - JGL
Mike - Chiwetel Ejiofor

shauner111 wrote:Some options, off the top of my head...

Bev - Amy Adams or Jessica Chastain
Bill - Tobey Maguire, Michael C Hall, Ethan Hawke
Richie - Bill Hader
Eddie - Adam Scott, Jake Gyllenhaal, Casey Affleck
Ben - Chris Pratt or Jeremy Renner
Stan - JGL
Mike - Chiwetel Ejiofor
Bev, Richie and Ben are fantastic choices. Especially Pratt as Ben. The only one I don't really like is Stan - it would be a waste of a perfectly good JGL considering what happens to him.

Question is, will they get an uknown or cast someone popular like JGL for the shock value?

shauner111 wrote:Question is, will they get an uknown or cast someone popular like JGL for the shock value?
I think that would only work if the other ones are mostly no names. Something like Drew in Scream. If all of them are stars it would lose the shock value.

I loved the first film, really looking forward to this. I hope they cast Amy Adams as Beverly, she not only resembles Lillis a lot more than Chastain, I think she can totally nail the part of Beverly like Lillis has done.

I hope they get a much bigger budget for this. Guess the runtime is going to be longer if they want to fit all in that needs to be in it? There's quite a lot of ground to cover...

Btw, Sophia Lillis plays a younger version of Amy Adams' character in Sharp Objects. Barbara Muschietti is quite vocal about how much she wants Chastain though: http://collider.com/it-movie-interview- ... uschietti/

Really hope it turns out to be Adams though. Barbara does say that Andy cares more about physical resemblance than her...

Chastain can have the role the day she learns how to convey warmth. Such a sterile actress.

Adams is the perfect choice to follow Sophia Lillis in both spirit and physical resemblance.

Adams would be perfection. Bryce Dallas Howard looks even more like Sophia though but Adams is the better actress and resembles her also more than enough for me.

MyCocaine wrote:Chastain can have the role the day she learns how to convey warmth. Such a sterile actress.

Adams is the perfect choice to follow Sophia Lillis in both spirit and physical resemblance.
Looking forward to you telling us how she is in fact the last remaining perfect link in IT: Chapter Two, after your 10th viewing.