Untitled DCEU Batgirl Film (TBD)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:Whedon writing and directing a female led superhero movie is a dream.

Wan to Reeves to Whedon. Dare I say things are looking up for the DCEU.
As long as they give all 3 enough control, yep.

Nomis wrote:As for Whedon, I think he might just make something good out of this. His hands were tied at Marvel and I think he can get to make what he wants at WB.
You can't make this stuff up. :lol:

Sysmatic wrote:
Allstar wrote:Whedon writing and directing a female led superhero movie is a dream.

Wan to Reeves to Whedon. Dare I say things are looking up for the DCEU.
As long as they give all 3 enough control, yep.
Don't forget Jenkins

Nomis wrote:Overplayed in the comics, not so much on film lol and imo it's a good idea to use Barbara because JK Simmons is her dad lol
She's the only Batgirl to get exposure outside of the comics. All of the Robins (with the exception of Steph, again) have appeared in games, animated films and TV shows, as well as live action. Meanwhile, the only Batgirl to have existed outside of the comics is Barbara.

Babs is awesome. Now when is the Nightwing film gonna be greenlit?

Didn't expect this news...

Michaelf2225 wrote:
akv1984 wrote:
Pratham wrote:I may have trashed him for Age of Ultron. Other than that I like his work. Though he can take a lesson or two to write distinctive dialogues for his characters. They all speak in same snarky, witty manner.
He's like the nerd version of Aaron Sorkin. There is no doubt that they are good writers and can tell a story, but the dialogue is annoying.
comparing Sorkin to Whedon is irresponsible
One time i spent $500 on makeup. At this point it's expected of me to be irresponsible.

A fine addition to the Batman Extended Universe

Whedon is a pretty great and inspired choice, I'd say. Everything I've seen with his name attached has been spectacular (or, at the very least, not terrible.)

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime