Untitled DCEU Batgirl Film (TBD)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

a female hero recovering from severe injuries and getting back to ass kicking?

where have i seen this before

akv1984 wrote:
Michaelf2225 wrote:
akv1984 wrote:
He's like the nerd version of Aaron Sorkin. There is no doubt that they are good writers and can tell a story, but the dialogue is annoying.
comparing Sorkin to Whedon is irresponsible
One time i spent $500 on makeup. At this point it's expected of me to be irresponsible.
whips out calculator

converts to indian rupees

LarsVonDickhead wrote:Whedon is a pretty great and inspired choice, I'd say. Everything I've seen with his name attached has been spectacular (or, at the very least, not terrible.)
Agreed.

I watched Cabin in the Woods and Avengers 1 and 2 and none of those blew me away so I'm just going to say...he's at best ok, I guess? Plus: enough with this superhero nonsense!

Batfan175 wrote:I watched Cabin in the Woods and Avengers 1 and 2 and none of those blew me away so I'm just going to say...he's at best ok, I guess? Plus: enough with this superhero nonsense!
He has his qualities but yes. My opinion on him doesn't change just because he directs a DCEU movie lol.

He's so overrated in my book. Which was the problem initially when all the marvel fanboys praised him like he was the second coming. Like chill a bit... he's okay but y'all blowing everything out of proportion.

darthnazgul wrote:
Nomis wrote:Overplayed in the comics, not so much on film lol and imo it's a good idea to use Barbara because JK Simmons is her dad lol
She's the only Batgirl to get exposure outside of the comics. All of the Robins (with the exception of Steph, again) have appeared in games, animated films and TV shows, as well as live action. Meanwhile, the only Batgirl to have existed outside of the comics is Barbara.
True thus so it isn't so surprising that Barbara gets her own film.

I think opening up the allies of Batman is very interesting. We've gotten a watered down and mashed together Robin in TDKR and the last time we had more allies of Batman of film was Batman & Robin lololol

allstar how hard have you been giggling since this news came out?

Pratham wrote:allstar how hard have you been giggling since this news came out?
at first I thought it was hilarious, now I'm just genuinely excited for the movie.

Not the biggest fan, but willing to give him a shot.
Now get Vaughn on board.