Too Old to Die Young (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
antovolk wrote:
May 27th, 2018, 7:33 am
mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
May 21st, 2018, 7:18 pm
ideal.

and wow he actually put pictures of himself directing in his own teaser trailer what a little shit lol
Turns out he also cut this himself
Figured.

Winding Refn is the most pretentious living director in my eye, but this news does get more somewhat. Will I be able to sit through a bunch of medium shots of people staring into the camera with a neon lit backdrop for 15 hours?

NWR was in Paris for a cinema event and talked a bit about his new website, why there are few films to stream there (so that people finish what they start), why it's free (so that people don't see it with a consumer eyes), and about his new TV show. To translate (it's in French) the best passages:
"Amazone was more concerned with deadline than content, they left me absolute creative control, though it's a 16 million budget."
"We wrote it when Trump was elected, and we shot in chronological order, and always were rewriting, so in a way this show is my reaction to Trump election."
" The content must be watchable on a smartphone and in cinema, to choose one is to lose"
"Second season usually repeat first season [so I have no intent yet to make a sequel], but who knows..."

This looks like a fashion photo shoot for Miu Miu.

Great works from the DP. You know what, let's put it on twitter with a awful resolution so people don't understand what the heck is going on.