Too Old to Die Young (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
There is a great 30 minutes movie inside The Neon Demon, but as it is, I really don't like it.£

MyCocaine wrote:
March 1st, 2018, 11:09 am
Darius Khondji lensing anything by Refn might be too much for the eyes to handle.
I'm ready for the eyegasms

ideal.

and wow he actually put pictures of himself directing in his own teaser trailer what a little shit lol

As a Director I'm always attracted to Refn's work.
Neon Demon set me on a trip of many emotions (throughout that film).From feeling cautious,tense and then,primarily the last 3rd, a weird sense of dark comic relief kicked in where I openly started laughing out aloud by the sheer grotesque ridiculousness of its conclusion.All the while being totally immersed by its beautiful cinematography (as I was with Only God Forgives).
And after viewing that little teaser I can envisage these emotions coming out once again.

Now as a person I'm not overly enamoured by Refn,though to give him some benefit I do believe he plays up to the camera with his pretentiousness alittle. But when a new Refn film ,in this case a TV series, is in production I'm always fascinated by what he brings to the screen.

Refn has been crushing ass since Drive. 8 hours of him and Martinez, i can't fucking wait.

Only God Forgives is okay. Still love Neon Demon. Can’t wait.

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
May 21st, 2018, 7:18 pm
ideal.

and wow he actually put pictures of himself directing in his own teaser trailer what a little shit lol
Turns out he also cut this himself