Venom (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Isn't Eddie Brock is same age as Peter?

This movie doesn't exist in a universe where Spider-Man exists so that's likely not a huge concern.

This is so fuckin awesome. Pleeeease be good

Pratham wrote:Isn't Eddie Brock is same age as Peter?
I never thought so. I always thought certain adaptations just changed it that way (making him a childhood friend) to make the story more tragic.

How does Venom exist without Spider-Man though? Spider-Man has to be referenced or talked about.

I find it kinda funny to me cause I always thought of Bane and Venom fulfilling a similar role for their respective heroes.

This is a bad idea and the director is a hack. BAD choice for Hardy who has been making very smart choices lately.

Bacon wrote: Spider-Man has to be referenced or talked about.
No he doesn't. The concept of an alien symbiote bonding with a human and giving him superpowers can play out without any Spidey-involvement.

They can work around the little details like similarities in appearance and abilities.

taopaipai wrote:
Bacon wrote: Spider-Man has to be referenced or talked about.
No he doesn't. The concept of an alien symbiote bonding with a human and giving him superpowers can play out without any Spidey-involvement.

They can work around the little details like similarities in appearance and abilities.
What's tricky is Eddie Brock's motivations, WHY is the symbiote attracted to him when there's no Parker. What's the third act?

Plenty of stories without Spidey, actually. Maybe he's Agent Venom?

...nah. It's Hardy.

Allstar wrote:This is a bad idea and the director is a hack. BAD choice for Hardy who has been making very smart choices lately.
I have similar feelings about this choice by Hardy.