Venom (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Bacon wrote:
Pratham wrote:Isn't Eddie Brock is same age as Peter?
I never thought so. I always thought certain adaptations just changed it that way (making him a childhood friend) to make the story more tragic.

How does Venom exist without Spider-Man though? Spider-Man has to be referenced or talked about.
I think it can work without Spider-Man entirely. I mean yeah we know Venom as a Spidey villain and it's pretty deep in the characters' DNA, however, they can make him fully stand on his own now. I don't mind that at all, especially not now it's Hardy lol

I hope they nail the look of Venom. Would be cool if his skull is still the same shape as Hardy's, just larger. Must say the Venom design of Spider-Man 3 was quite ok imo, sans the way it retracted to show Topher's face... Wouldn't be surprised if we'd still get something like that in this, but done better lol. I do think Venom may be a bit bigger than Spider-Man 3s tho, he's often almost if not just Hulk size in the comics.

As for a villain, maybe Kraven the Hunter can work without Spider-Man as well? Can Sony still use every character they've got for this, besides Spidey himself or something? question questions

I mean, if they take from the Ultimate universe, Venom doesn't even have the Spider symbol until much later into the story. The hulking beast is just how the symbiote naturally looks if it takes over.

Of ourse they could also just call the movie "Venom" and not do anything that is faithful to the original character...

Allstar wrote:This is a bad idea and the director is a hack. BAD choice for Hardy who has been making very smart choices lately.
Bloke's gotta eat

ArmandFancypants wrote:
Allstar wrote:This is a bad idea and the director is a hack. BAD choice for Hardy who has been making very smart choices lately.
Bloke's gotta eat
I think he was doing more than well before signing on for this.

Bacon wrote:I mean, if they take from the Ultimate universe, Venom doesn't even have the Spider symbol until much later into the story. The hulking beast is just how the symbiote naturally looks if it takes over.
yeah could be

Allstar wrote:
ArmandFancypants wrote:
Bloke's gotta eat
I think he was doing more than well before signing on for this.
Why?

Might be he simply digs the character? Not out of this world assumption, Venom is cool and suits his character.