Venom (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Good: Tom Hardy

Bad: Everyfuckingthing else

it looks very 2003 which is kinda cool

Trailer is a bit pissy, dialogue doesn't sound very good... Hm...

Venom does look very good luckily, I hope for the best.

I showed it to my brother and he laughed out loud, so I guess it's a blu-ray... rip, for me.

Seems like Hardy is going to overact the shit out of this one.£

BlairCo wrote:
April 24th, 2018, 4:19 am
I'm loving those "Jekyll-and-Hyde" moments with Hardy, but the rest looks absolutely generic as hell.
Agree,that concept seems interesting and I'm confident enough in Hardy that he'll pull that off with relative ease,which will coincide with the stronger moments in the film.

I laugh at how people on here will say they like something (or hate something) until several others say the opposite, then they turn coward and change their opinion based on the other person's opinion. Sheep much?

For Hardy's sake, I hope this is good. I haven't formed an opinion yet based on the footage, and I don't know squat about the Venom comicbooks, so I will be cautiously optimistic right now because it's Hardy and he always brings the performance.

meh, I was hoping for better

Baniac wrote:
April 24th, 2018, 9:07 am
I laugh at how people on here will say they like something (or hate something) until several others say the opposite, then they turn coward and change their opinion based on the other person's opinion. Sheep much?

For Hardy's sake, I hope this is good. I haven't formed an opinion yet based on the footage, and I don't know squat about the Venom comicbooks, so I will be cautiously optimistic right now because it's Hardy and he always brings the performance.
Lol what. Any... examples, of said opinion monopoly? And who might be the leader of such atrocity?

So while this new trailer is a vast improvement and I'm more optimistic about Venom, I'm still quite cautious. The dialogue sounds like a mixed bag and it seems they're skipping past the more tragic side of Eddie.

And of course, it's a Venom without Spidey.

EDIT: Also, is it just me, or did they use the Infinity War trailer music?