Get Out (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Is it bad that I knew basically where this movie was headed plotwise until the very end with
who comes out of the cop car. I thought the original ending was going to happen, which is kind of the point of the film.

Bacon wrote:Is it bad that I knew basically where this movie was headed plotwise until the very end with
who comes out of the cop car. I thought the original ending was going to happen, which is kind of the point of the film.
Nah.

Get Out tries to be schlocky horror fun in equal parts to its social allegory. The original ending is pretty tone deaf to the movie that played before it. It "works" thematically, but the movie didn't need that extra gut punch for its theme to come through.

I meant your expectation that the original ending might happen is the point of the film and part of the social commentary. The actual ending works far better imo.

Oku
The original ending would have been more poignant.

The ending that we got is too clever for its own good.

Subversion does not automatically equal good.

Edit: It wasn't that much of a subversion anyway. Because the film kept subverting things along the way, I expected the ending to go the subversive route as well, and lo and behold, it did. The truly subversive thing would have been to go with the original ending.

Filmmakers, critics and audiences agrees. Get Out is a masterpiece.

Stay pressed.

Come on MyCo, you don't like 2049, someone else doesn't like Baby Drive, plenty of people hate Jedi. What's the point of comments like that? We are here to share and discuss our opinions, aren't we?£

I regret nothing.

Certain people just love to discredit this film.

MyCocaine wrote:Filmmakers, critics and audiences agrees. Get Out is a masterpiece.

Stay pressed.
We can talk about a movie and have differing opinions. Go bust a nut to IT.

MyCocaine wrote:Filmmakers, critics and audiences agrees. Get Out is a masterpiece.

Stay pressed.

They all 'agree', pressed cheese is the best.

Stay pressed.
A term thrown around very loosely these days. Boggles the mind.