Light of My Life (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
A few days after his Academy Award win, Casey Affleck is back at work in Vancouver; directing his upcoming feature Light of my Life. Casey wrote, directed and will star in the motion picture with co-stars Tom Bower and Anna Pniowsky.

“Light of My Life” centers on a father and his young daughter, who are trapped in the woods after a deadly pandemic radically alters the world. As the father struggles to protect his daughter’s innocence, shielding her from the newfound dangers of man, their bond is tested.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... -work.html

Light of My Life has already been sold in multiple territories
“Light of My Life” has been sold in the Middle East, Greece, India, and Turkey (all Italia), in multiple territories in Asia (Anton Corp.), Benelux (The Searchers), Canada (Elevation), France (Metropolitan Filmexport), Iceland (Myndform), Italy (Notorious), Japan (Kino Films), Scandinavia (Mis. Label), South Africa (Ster Kinekor), South Korea (Main Title), and Thailand (M Pictures).

Not to start any arguments here, but it is going to be hard to support this movie considering during the last movie he directed he sexually harassed female co-workers. No matter how much I admire his talent as an artist, I can't support how he's continuing to get work.

Looking forward to this, dude is talented af

What camera is that btw?

BlairCo wrote:Not to start any arguments here, but it is going to be hard to support this movie considering during the last movie he directed he sexually harassed female co-workers. No matter how much I admire his talent as an artist, I can't support how he's continuing to get work.
Kenneth Lonergan-
But frequently dropping the word “alleged,” which grown-up journalists mindful of their own vulnerability to libel suits are careful to include when they compose equally wrongheaded pieces on this subject, he writes as if Casey Affleck were actually guilty of a crime. In fact, it was alleged 7 years ago, in a civil lawsuit for breach of contract, that Casey sexually harrased two women formerly in his employ. Casey denounced the allegations as being totally fabricated. Like most civil suits, this one was settled out of court by mutual consent on undisclosed terms. In other words nothing was proved or disproved. So how does Mr Aberle dare to write as if he knows who was telling the truth and who was not?
http://www.vulture.com/2017/03/kenneth- ... er_vulture

Forum Pro
Law
BlairCo wrote:Not to start any arguments here, but it is going to be hard to support this movie considering during the last movie he directed he sexually harassed female co-workers. No matter how much I admire his talent as an artist, I can't support how he's continuing to get work.

so did he actually do that or are people just claiming he did

Nomis wrote:Looking forward to this, dude is talented af

What camera is that btw?
the good ol' arri alexa

Forum Pro
Law
Cilogy wrote:so did he actually do that or are people just claiming he did
Women on set claimed he did, took him to court, had no proof, settled for money, they moved on.

Law wrote:
Cilogy wrote:so did he actually do that or are people just claiming he did
Women on set claimed he did, took him to court, had no proof, settled for money, they moved on.
"Had no proof" is a misleading thing to say. If he did what they claimed, as with many cases of sexual assault or misconduct, there wouldn't be empirical proof.

-Vader

Law is just ignorant and insensitive. I have empathy for the alleged victims but at the same time I am uncomfortable throwing vile words at Affleck because I dunno what happened on that set and I have no way of knowing. In other words I am not defending Affleck by any means but I am also not condemning him guilty like many people are. I also don't get how giving him an Oscar for an acting performance is in any way condoning sexual harassment.