Dark Phoenix (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
nolannolanchrischris wrote:Kinberg confirmed and Chastain in talks for the villain
Fox has formalized plans for Dark Phoenix, the next installment of the X-Men franchise. This all just happened, but they’ve formalized Simon Kinberg as director, and the studio set a release date of Friday, November 2, 2018. Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Nicholas Hoult, Alexandra Shipp, Sophie Turner, Tye Sheridan, and Kodi Smit-McPhee are all reprising when production begins in Montreal.
Jessica Chastain is in negotiations to star as the villain in X-Men: Dark Phoenix, the latest installment of Fox’s banner-carrying X-Men movie franchise.

Longtime X-Men steward Simon Kinberg is writing and due to make his directorial debut with the tentpole, which is aiming to retell the defining Dark Phoenix storyline from the early 1980s comic book.

Sophie Turner is reprising her role as the X-Men heroine Jean Grey, aka Phoenix, a telepath who, in the comics, saw her powers become amplified to the Nth degree when she becomes imbued by a cosmic energy called the Phoenix Force. It eventually overtook her personality and made her bad, necessitating the X-Men to stop her.

The storyline was crudely adapted in 2006’s X-Men: The Last Stand, which was critically maligned and rejected by fans. Kinberg and co. are looking to redeem that effort with their own take that sources say will hew closer to the classic story by Chris Claremont and John Byrne.

If a deal makes, sources say Chastain would play Lilandra, the empress of an alien empire called the Shi’ar, who leads the quest to imprison and execute Dark Phoenix, leading her into conflict with the X-Men.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... le-1013462
lol, this is probably going to go as badly for Chastain as it did for her buddy Isaac playing the title villain in this franchise.

Kinberg directing is pathetic (Hollywood learned nothing after Mummy, the white male privelege is strong). I have no interest in this until proven wrong. Lmao at Jlaw back, I guess after Passengers bombed she wanted some security.

Forum Pro
Law
It's white male privilege giving the director chair to a guy who's been with the franchise since day one?

I think Lawrence is great, but I also think that it's annoying that she doesn't want to wear the makeup that Mystique has.

Law wrote:It's white male privilege giving the director chair to a guy who's been with the franchise since day one?
He's never directed before and he's handed this as his debut, yep it is. Not to mention the guy who's been "running this franchise" has had several failures including X3, Fantastic Four and Apocalypse.

Why Jessica :?

ugh

only way this works for me is if Singer returns and Lawrence's character dies

Allstar wrote:
Law wrote:It's white male privilege giving the director chair to a guy who's been with the franchise since day one?
He's never directed before and he's handed this as his debut, yep it is. Not to mention the guy who's been "running this franchise" has had several failures including X3, Fantastic Four and Apocalypse.
lol

nope i'm out

Michaelf2225 wrote:
Allstar wrote:
lol
Figures you're one of those people who denies it exists being a Trump apologist.

your logic is just absolutely absurd

apparently moving from writing to directing is an example of white privelage?

i guess Sorkin is another example since he’s moving to directing with Molly’s Game, right?

give me a break