Dark Phoenix (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I get she's a big draw, but I don't understand what demographic they think they're getting with Lawrence that they aren't getting with Fassbender, McAvoy, Turner, and Hoult combined.

Crazy Eight wrote:It probably helps that Kinberg's production company is floating part of that 200 million dollar budget, so.
:lol:

And here I am actually thinking the Gambit standalone movie will launch by the end of 2030.

What even is this franchise anymore

only mildly interested because Fassy, Turner, McAvoy, and (maybe, i mean do we even need a villain here?) Chastain...but like....Kinberg directing and Lawrence returning? Idiotic.

I'm giving Kinberg the benefit of the doubt because when you look at his filmography, he's been the driving force behind some very big pentpole movies, whether they ended up terrible or not. Hopefully Lawrence heard the backlash to her performance and she'll actually show up to play this time around.

BlairCo wrote:I'm giving Kinberg the benefit of the doubt because when you look at his filmography, he's been the driving force behind some very big pentpole movies, whether they ended up terrible or not. Hopefully Lawrence heard the backlash to her performance and she'll actually show up to play this time around.
That is most definitely not Lawrence's attitude toward things. That implies she has a drive to be a better actress.

Lawrence is a talented actress in my book; I'm one of the rare few who believes she deserved her Oscar for SLP. She did phone it in with Apocalypse, but it wasn't offensively bad. She's not a consistently terrible actress because she has impressed me a number of times. I don't hate Edward Norton for phoning in his performance in The Bourne Legacy. If you think she is a bad actress, then that's simply your judgment.

And with the movie being called X-Men: Dark Phoenix, maybe she won't be as involved this time around.

Cilogy wrote:I get she's a big draw, but I don't understand what demographic they think they're getting with Lawrence that they aren't getting with Fassbender, McAvoy, Turner, and Hoult combined.
there's hoult demographic?

Pratham wrote:
Cilogy wrote:I get she's a big draw, but I don't understand what demographic they think they're getting with Lawrence that they aren't getting with Fassbender, McAvoy, Turner, and Hoult combined.
there's hoult demographic?
Sand Castle has been viewed a whopping twelve times on Netflix.
By Cavill fans.

Jennifer Lawrence reminds me so much of Reese Witherspoon. What's the point of having that driving attitude of getting better when you can just cash in, phone in some shit every once in a while, and be the sweetheart of America.

That being said, Lawrence' talent pool is quite vast but... yeah.
Last edited by RIFA on June 15th, 2017, 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.