Dark Phoenix (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
You go over to ur bae's house and you see this in her room. What do you do?

I liked this. We get to see the X-Men use their powers more this time and as a team, especially at the end. It's not the best movie like Logan, X2, First Class or even DoFP (that I don't like as much as everybody else), but it's definetely not the worst. I was engaged during the whole time and Fassbender is the mvp (that scene with the helicopter really makes you believe he has powers or something), with McAvoy e Turner coming close. The villain are the weak link, but mostly because of writing not the acting. Too bad we won't get to see more of these characters anymore.

#ReleaseTheZimmerCut!

But for real it's cool to see the score being met with a lot of praise. Hope you guys get your wish!

weren't there problems with the interstellar and dunkirk score too, like not being released exactly as it was in the film? Or is this not the case here?

Artemis wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 11:19 am
#ReleaseTheZimmerCut!

But for real it's cool to see the score being met with a lot of praise. Hope you guys get your wish!
Yup. The score is one of the best things about the movie.
Nomis wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 11:24 am
weren't there problems with the interstellar and dunkirk score too, like not being released exactly as it was in the film? Or is this not the case here?
No, it's different.

Zimmer planned a 2-CD set. One CD includes the score as heard in the film (which was released). It contains 10 tracks. The second CD contains ideas, experiments and suites NOT in the film. Something like his Man of Steel sketch except that he actually recorded lots and lots of music. Hans said 16 hours of music exist for DP!!!!

For some reason - maybe lack of communication between RCP and Fox, the merger, etc... They somehow forgot to release CD2. They actually worked very late on the soundtrack and it was only finished and mastered like almost a week before release so it was a very messy production.

With Interstellar they excluded one of the most important cues in the film - then released three different editions of the soundtrack lol (which I don't mind) didn't include the cue/track everyone wanted; No Time For Caution.

Dunkirk is such a mind fuck even soundtrack wise :lol: