Dark Phoenix (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
intrigued

we'll see how it goes

At this point, I'm really done with the X-Men. I put a black mark on the comics a few years ago, because all the new comics with them were poo-poo, and now I'm ready to do the same for the movies. I thought this franchise should've been closed after Logan. I'm not even excited for that whole "Now we can get the real X-Men from Disney/Marvel and with Kevin Feigie's guidance" thing. It's just lame. It's like as if we had non-stop movies about Batman and his supporting cast from 2000 onward with various degrees of quality, bad sense of continuity, and repetitive storylies, and few years from now we will get the same thing, but maybe with a more consistent execution. Case in point, I'm done. I'll stick to reading old comics (well, if late 90s and early 2000s qualify as old), watching X-Men TAS and X-Evolution, and maybe I'll binge watch X-2 and Logan once in a while. That's it for me. I'm a grumpy old man at this point when it comes to the X-Men.

X-Men are great and the comics have some great stories. So,I don't know why we have to do the Phoenix storyline again. It's not that interesting and really either is Jean Grey without the love triangle stuff with Wolverine and Cyclops, and even that gets a little old after awhile.

While the film originally wrapped production in October 2017, the filmmakers decided to revamp the look of Phoenix in post (more “cosmic” and less “flamy,” according to the director) and shoot a new third act (instead of taking place in space, the climax finds all the X-Men kidnapped and on board a military train).

https://ew.com/movies/2019/04/26/dark-p ... e-preview/ :blank:

MagnarTheGreat wrote:
April 26th, 2019, 7:27 pm
While the film originally wrapped production in October 2017, the filmmakers decided to revamp the look of Phoenix in post (more “cosmic” and less “flamy,” according to the director) and shoot a new third act (instead of taking place in space, the climax finds all the X-Men kidnapped and on board a military train).

It's pretty sad.

MagnarTheGreat wrote:
April 26th, 2019, 7:27 pm

It represents what a train wreck this film will be

Wft is this.

Forum Pro
Law
It feels like this movie has been being made for 3 years

poplar wrote:
May 3rd, 2019, 12:41 pm
Wft is this.