Call Me By Your Name (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ruth wrote:
February 6th, 2018, 7:21 am
i'm thinking of staying away from a screener after all, as there's a chance i might get to see this in mid-march.

besides i just realized there's another theater in town :crazy: so my chances may have gotten better
Please don't watch a screener of this. It should be seen in theater or on blu-ray, but then you have to wait even longer lol

A screener is fine. That way you don't have to spend money on watching a unlikable grown man have sexual relations with a unlikable underaged boy, and watch their parents cheerlead them on! I just summarized the movie for you. You're welcome.

shauner111 wrote:
February 6th, 2018, 12:15 pm
A screener is fine. That way you don't have to spend money on watching a unlikable grown man have sexual relations with a unlikable underaged boy, and watch their parents cheerlead them on! I just summarized the movie for you. You're welcome.
Thanks for summarizing the movie! Since I, like the majority of others, am a pervert and a terrible human being, I will gladly pay the money for this, if given the chance. Keep up the good work though!

:lol: :thumbup:

Ruth wrote:
February 6th, 2018, 12:28 pm
shauner111 wrote:
February 6th, 2018, 12:15 pm
Thanks for summarizing the movie! Since I, like the majority of others, am a pervert and a terrible human being, I will gladly pay the money for this, if given the chance. Keep up the good work though!
:lol: :clap:

and lol I knew shauner111 couldn't resist

Oku
MyCocaine wrote:
October 30th, 2017, 4:12 am
shauner111 wrote:Watched this again, and it didn't hold up as much on second viewing. I already had problems with it as you know, and it's not like I have new ones, but the corny moments were worse the second time around. The hallucinations just don't work.

I can't help but compare to it Stranger Things, and for me ST does a better job all around.

Pennywise is not scary, period. It's not some iconic performance and it SHOULD have been on the levels of Robert Englund as Freddy Krueger. You have to aim that high, anything less should be seen as a disappointment. I'm serious. The movie is on the level of modern Hollywood horror like the two Conjuring films. Actually, I'd probably rate those movies higher.

IT is still a decent horror flick that still has its strengths. Some nice back and forth dialogue from the losers, all well cast and I'm happy they're coming back for flashbacks in Chapter 2. That hasn't changed for me and the cinematography is nice. What else? Not much. I was hoping a second viewing would make me fall in love with the film, unfortunately that didn't happen.

Really a shame that Poulter/Fukunaga couldn't have made this a classic that it should have been. Instead we got a "fine", safe Hollywood version.

Won't crack my top 20 for 2017 unless I'm let down by a chunk of my most anticipated November/December releases.
Now I've to see it again just to wipe this post from my memory.

You just made my day, Shauner.

Rohan wrote:
February 6th, 2018, 4:56 am
Cilogy wrote:
January 27th, 2018, 2:36 am
Elio and the Giant Peach
He sexually harassed that peach. Where is its #metoo moment?
Go fuck a peach, Rohan.

Oku, I have no idea what that has to do with this movie.

shauner111 wrote:
February 7th, 2018, 11:26 am
Oku, I have no idea what that has to do with this movie.
This should be Oku's tagline.