Call Me By Your Name (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Soundtrack has been released on iTunes.

about to see this

so which film are we thinking Kevin Spacey and Bryan Singer got off to more this year?

this or Dunkirk?

Call Me By Your Name

So I guess Tim Chalamet and peaches have become two of my newest fetishes.

He was fantastic in this.

9/10

Call Me By Your Name

While watching the film, I didn’t connect with the characters or their challenges. They seemed fable-like; seeing life through idealized memory. Even Michael Stuhlbarg's character remarkable monologue felt unauthentic. I watched it with my wife and she loved it, so I asked her what I am missing. She pointed out I was being too specific, the underlying identity is in its universality. The story isn’t about gay-specific or about the bourgeois lifestyle but as a quintessential human experience which can feel magical - our first love. I think, I need to see it again with a grandiose intimate perspective if that make sense.

7.5/10

i watched half of it back in sept then my mom texted me asking if i wanted to get dinner so i left the theater but what i saw of it seemed pleasant enough. ham is the mvp

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:i watched half of it back in sept then my mom texted me asking if i wanted to get dinner so i left the theater
that's actually really adorable

but also rude as fuck

I don’t feel that same way about Hammer, I was far more impressed with Chalamet.

Hammer seemed fairly ... replaceable.

Chalamet was great though. Really looking forward to his career.

I went in for the Hammer, I walked away loving the Chalamet.