First Man (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Master Virgo wrote: The title is sexist, regardless of the intention.£
Lol? Not sure if serious.. PLEASE DONT BE SERIOUS

Why am I somehow not surprised that you two showed up?£

Master Virgo wrote:Why am I somehow not surprised that you two showed up?£
What are you getting at? You're trying to turn the title of a film called the "First Man", into a discussion about sexism. Explain to me how a biopic about the first man on the moon is discriminatory towards women? Actually, don't.

Forgot_my_password wrote:
Master Virgo wrote:Why am I somehow not surprised that you two showed up?£
What are you getting at? You're trying to turn the title of a film called the "First Man", into a discussion about sexism. Explain to me how a biopic about the first man on the moon is discriminatory towards women? Actually, don't.
k.£

Master Virgo wrote: The title is sexist, regardless of the intention.£
wait

what

The First Xer

Master Virgo wrote:
fenwayconnor wrote:
Boxer35 wrote:I'll go ahead and predict that this is the film where Chazelle really starts to feel some backlash re: female characters. Its already starting to bubble up with La La Land (not enough/too late to hurt the movie though). I mean this is literally called The First Man.
What kind of backlash is he facing with La La Land? One of the leads is a female, her roomates that have a big song are all female.. And that lead is a frontrunner for Best Picture... What backlash are you on about?

Also, its about Neil Armstrong.. you know the "first man" on the moon. Not everything is about misogyny and sexism.
The title is sexist, regardless of the intention.£
Wait, Virgo you're not serious right?

After Whiplash and La La Land, this is now on my watch list.

Well thank God in Wikipedia they at least regard him as the first person who landed on the Moon. Just curious do you guys know why they've changed the title of Time's Man of the Year to Time's Person of the Year?£

Soooo.... I actually consider myself a feminist and someone who gives a shit about the problems that all females have to go through, in all regions of the world.

But this shit is becoming toxic. Are people even allowed to make stories about real life non minorities anymore? The title is dumb because it just has an awkward sound to me, but wtf is all of this. La La Land backlash lol??